Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

new image won't play MP4 Files

Mavarick

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
May 20, 2012
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Palmerston North , New Z
Hi from new Zealand, really new at alot of this,
I did do the new image upgrade which is better than the PLi I had but since then I can't play MP4 files of my external hard drive I could before , what have I done wrong,
thanks
 
All so far play fine, just the MP4 files don't

mkv and avi and some pictures display.
but I have some movies and its just a black screen and it not even counting down on the timers. have gone back to an old image 2011 that it was sold with here and they play fine, but the older immage doesn't do as much as the ViX

Thanks
 
All so far play fine, just the MP4 files don't

mkv and avi and some pictures display.
but I have some movies and its just a black screen and it not even counting down on the timers. have gone back to an old image 2011 that it was sold with here and they play fine, but the older immage doesn't do as much as the ViX

Thanks

Played a MP4 of most recent homeland on my duo a few days ago, worked perfectly.
I'd guess it's down to the encoding, can you try any other MP4s? and report back.
 
Since I went frm Pli to ViX I hadn't actually tried any Files , but over the weekend I did. some where Tv shows and a couple were movies, I aslo did an update over the wwekend as well as it's not connected to a network

It had previously played the Tv shows o.k. but now they won't. so went back to the orginial image that it came with and they worked fine, so still non the wiser, tehre is alot of info here for Europe but not much for us south of the Equator,
Cheers
 
Doesn't matter which side of the equator you are on for your problem :D Do you know what drivers and/or kernel your PLi image is using?
 
Whatever on which side of the equator you live, present generation STB's will never be full media-players. All decoding is done in the hardware, with some support of Gstreamer. If a file plays fine, you're lucky. If it isn't, just re-code it and all is fine again.
 
To TKR,

I now have the orginial Satlink one and it plays fine. Grant K sent it to me. but you were right the Vix is way better
I did try and copy some files like you said on the geekzone but FTP keep failing something so couldn't copy any of the old settings
Sort of stuck now
Cheers
 
Feel free to PM me if you need help. Happy to step you through it. Personally I don't bother with FTP, I just access the VUDUO from a windows machine.
 
Watched last nights US Homeland & The Walking Dead, both mp4 downloads on a DUO with latest VIX today & no issues whatsoever.
 
I have been given the answer,
I did not download the NTFS plug in when I updated the image, once that was done it was all go
thanks to all
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top