Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

New motorised installation would you please help?

Neither me, I've never used zero position..... The best result is to maximize SNR with your reference sat (closest to your Long., in your case 5°W): it's the sat at the middle of your horizon, the highest sat at your position and the closest to zero posizion on your motor.
 
I've put mine up 3 times (moved 3 times) in about 14 years.
Looking at the picture you've identical brackets same setup. I used a satfinder gizmo and plugged into Sat with a beeper and set it to zero but my tip my huge massive tip
Plumb and level brackets.
Seriously one time I faffed around to the point I was pulling nose and ear hairs out as I had no head hair left till I checked all my levels and it was that ever so slightly moved.
I slid a tiny bit of offcut of stretch exercise bands under the U clamps to get grip.

Also the degree on the motor make sures that's absolutely bang on. I did it perfect then I put a TV in the bedroom window (pointless buying a TV gizmo for 1 installation) then I slightly loosened the U clamps, put the Zgemma on 0.5 and spun it till I got a FTA on 0.5 then tightened it.

That's worked twice for me, is it the right way ? I don't care if it works it works. I'm no expert but you suddenly learn when your quoted £150 - £200 to line up
 
I've put mine up 3 times (moved 3 times) in about 14 years.
Looking at the picture you've identical brackets same setup. I used a satfinder gizmo and plugged into Sat with a beeper and set it to zero but my tip my huge massive tip
Plumb and level brackets.
Seriously one time I faffed around to the point I was pulling nose and ear hairs out as I had no head hair left till I checked all my levels and it was that ever so slightly moved.
I slid a tiny bit of offcut of stretch exercise bands under the U clamps to get grip.

Also the degree on the motor make sures that's absolutely bang on. I did it perfect then I put a TV in the bedroom window (pointless buying a TV gizmo for 1 installation) then I slightly loosened the U clamps, put the Zgemma on 0.5 and spun it till I got a FTA on 0.5 then tightened it.

That's worked twice for me, is it the right way ? I don't care if it works it works. I'm no expert but you suddenly learn when your quoted £150 - £200 to line up
I presume you are referring to my photo posting to show the OP an example of my southernmost satellite? I have coverage from 45E to (at one time) 60W, although I don't think there's anything receivable from 60W now. I just set my motor on zero, centralised the dish and roughly pointed south. Then put in my coordinates and had USALS drive to 5W, which only moved the motor a degree. Then I peaked the signal by swinging the motor and dish slightly and adjusting the dish elevation and focusing the LNB etc., same as other posters. The motor latitude/elevation setting is critical (checked the angle with my phone) and, once set, shouldn't be changed. It's important to get the mounting pole absolutely plumb. This is a good guide for installation with nice annotated photos - https://world-of-satellite.com/threads/fruitballs-motorised-installtion-guide.18087/
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top