Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] New power manager help.

mickyblueys

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,086
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Newcastle upon Tyne
On latest vix...I've set power manager to go to deep stand by.......but it only goes into normal stand by........????
I have tried it several times with no joy!


Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
On latest vix...I've set power manager to go to deep stand by.......but it only goes into normal stand by........????
I have tried it several times with no joy!


Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

ok found the bug if box was not normal standby. should be fix in tonights build.
 
It was happening when I was in normAl stand by also last night.not at box to confirm now though

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
Just checked my box and it goes into stand by no probs but doesn't go into deep stand by from normal stand by either.hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
Just checked my box and it goes into stand by no probs but doesn't go into deep stand by from normal stand by either.hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2


yes as andy said this should be fixed in the next update.
 
AW: New power manager help.

hi,
for the Moment give your timer also an end time and select deep standby for after event this works for me.

ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 2
 
just recoded some power control within PowerTimers, this should fix some issues. it will be in tonights build.
 
I have just had the boot issue on 415 so reverted back to 413.

On the timer issue I have noticed if it helps that once a deep sleep timer has been set and the time has gone past the set time if you then try to turn on the box it then goes into deep sleep! or is this part of the fix?
 
I have just had the boot issue on 415 so reverted back to 413.

On the timer issue I have noticed if it helps that once a deep sleep timer has been set and the time has gone past the set time if you then try to turn on the box it then goes into deep sleep! or is this part of the fix?

this is what i was getting yesterday!
 
vix 416 power manager issue.
When setting a power timer the SET END TIME event is not kept i.e you set yes and time and event save it go back in and its not set!
Although It now goes into deep sleep, but when you have set end time to go into standby is boots up and then goes back to sleep.
 
Hi,
the problem with deep standby timer seems to be fixed for me in #416. I did not test end time but why you need end time?

ciao
 
vix 416 power manager issue.
When setting a power timer the SET END TIME event is not kept i.e you set yes and time and event save it go back in and its not set!
Although It now goes into deep sleep, but when you have set end time to go into standby is boots up and then goes back to sleep.

i think you have set the timer wrongly

to wakeup and set to deep sleep


set a wakeup timer, enter the timer to wake up at lets say 8:00am, then set a end of with a type of Deepsleep say 22:00pm that would wake the box at 8:00am and return to deep at 22:00



but let say set time like.

start 22:30 got to deep and a end time of 23:00 go to standby


this would put the box to deep at 22:30 and wake the box at 23:00 and place it into standby (same as a Wake to standby would do) think about it standby is state that the box is awake.
 
i think you have set the timer wrongly

to wakeup and set to deep sleep


set a wakeup timer, enter the timer to wake up at lets say 8:00am, then set a end of with a type of Deepsleep say 22:00pm that would wake the box at 8:00am and return to deep at 22:00



but let say set time like.

start 22:30 got to deep and a end time of 23:00 go to standby


this would put the box to deep at 22:30 and wake the box at 23:00 and place it into standby (same as a Wake to standby would do) think about it standby is state that the box is awake.

First i would like my box on when i get up and when i am not here, so it can be used promptly or access remotely as with previous power manager.

I have adopted your (Andyblac) 2nd option and tried/tested with the end time option of standby or deep sleep, both options result in the box coming on at the correct time but then irrespective of the setting it goes back into deep sleep!

I have just tested your other option by setting up timer and then placing box into deep sleep manually. It woke up went into standby as set up but then immediately went back into deep sleep.

I have also tried setting 2 timers one to go into deep sleep and to do nothing which works. A second timer to wake up from deep sleep and go into standby, this it does but then goes back into deep sleep immediately!
In fact I think I have exhausted all the options with same result.:confused:

I have now discovered that it is sensitive to the times set between wake up and deep sleep having now changed it to be several hours it has woken up and not gone back into deep sleep. What are the time constraints for testing please?:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have just tested your other option by setting up timer and then placing box into deep sleep manually. It woke up went into standby as set up but then immediately went back into deep sleep.

I have also tried setting 2 timers one to go into deep sleep and to do nothing which works. A second timer to wake up from deep sleep and go into standby, this it does but then goes back into deep sleep immediately!
In fact I think I have exhausted all the options with same result.:confused:

I'm having trouble with the new power timers also (build 416 currently). When I finish watch telly at night, I put it in standby. Used to do a daily reboot in the wee hours and then return to standby...

Using the new power timers I have been unable to achieve the same result. Set for 0600 reboot and then go to standby... find in the morning that it appears to be in standby and when I turn it on, the messages tell me it is rebooting! (It seems as though the standby has interrupted the boot process). I then tried 0600 reboot, 0615 end time with go to standby... this had a similar problem... but I noticed that the end time was not 'saving' so I'm not sure whether I've actually tried anything different in this case.

Another thing... the emu check / restart has become unreliable (ie the scam emu sometimes stops and does not restart even though it should do so when set to 6 minutes... set it to 1 minute but continued to have problems). Could it be that the new timer code has affected the periodic emu check/timer?

cheers
 
Still having problems in 416, I have it set to go to stand by at 02:00 then deep stand by 02:10....then wake up to stand by at 07:45 but when I got up this morning the box was fully on and on a channel.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
Hi,
we are looking into it. It seems we have a test box which also has trouble staying in deep standby.

ciao
 
Unfortunately my previous assumptions were not correct as the box was still in deep sleep this morning.
I am now trying the timer to go off after midnight so as to come back on on the same date so not straddling 2 days as m8 has worked like this!
 
Still having problems in 416, I have it set to go to stand by at 02:00 then deep stand by 02:10....then wake up to stand by at 07:45 but when I got up this morning the box was fully on and on a channel.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2


a little off topic i know, but technically there is no difference between "full on" and "standby", except in standby the video and audio feeds are cut. every thing else is fully active, hence why you can for example use the web interface.
 
a little off topic i know, but technically there is no difference between "full on" and "standby", except in standby the video and audio feeds are cut. every thing else is fully active, hence why you can for example use the web interface.

The difference is only the power Button is responsive on the remote.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top