Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] New power manager help.

OK Guys we have lift off.

Latest VIX429 installed and my basic power manger timer is now working, some what of a uphill struggle but we have got there now so thanks for the efforts:cool:

I assume no need for my timer info now!
 
OK Guys we have lift off.

Latest VIX429 installed and my basic power manger timer is now working, some what of a uphill struggle but we have got there now so thanks for the efforts:cool:

I assume no need for my timer info now!

only if you get some issues again, fingers crossed you wont :D
 
I tried my alternative sequence option i.e wake up first sleep 2nd that also worked. Thanks again.
 
seems to been a issue with a timer start event set to got to standby (after deepstandby wake up), need to check this, please bare with me, it is complicated stuff coding for all possibles.
 
Andy it seems that from 429 to 430 there is an issue what did seem to work now fails!

I am testing to see.
 
OK i tested wake-up and 2nd stage go to stand-bye also wake-up to stand-bye 2nd stage do nothing both work

Screen shots of go to deep stand-bye fails in that it claims to have dun it but nothing happens this was not the case in vix429

Deep stand-bye with second stage options of wake-up also fail to go to deep stand-bye.

Just tested auto timer set for 10 mins left much longer did not go to deep-sleep too

Happy to do any test just ask!
 

Attachments

  • screenshot.webp
    screenshot.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 18
  • screenshot (1).webp
    screenshot (1).webp
    40.5 KB · Views: 17
  • screenshot (2).webp
    screenshot (2).webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:
Build 432 back to working power timers now, thank you once again Andy, not that it matters but it comes back on 2 minutes late now but who cares. :cool:
 
VIX445 and the previous version before have an issue with recording Timers switching the box to deep stand-bye.

Today whilst watching a recording the box asked "recording has finished do you want to shut down the VU?" I answered NO. There were two recordings running at that time when the second recording finished it did not ask about shutting down!
Yesterday when i came to the box it was in deep stand-bye! I checked my single power timer and it was still running to the correct times, backed up by the log so should not have been shut down, a recording timer had been running and ended so I now assume it was that.

Another strange thing that after the shut down request today when I was looking at my timers whilst still watching a recorded prog, all was visible until I tried to look at the power timer log when the machine rebooted without a crash! just displayed a blank screen with rotating VIX and came back up!
 
VIX445 and the previous version before have an issue with recording Timers switching the box to deep stand-bye.

Today whilst watching a recording the box asked "recording has finished do you want to shut down the VU?" I answered NO. There were two recordings running at that time when the second recording finished it did not ask about shutting down!

VIX446 is the same too, just repeated with a single program recording.
 
need a step by step to reproduce, we all seem to using timers in different ways, please give as much info as you can.

also can i have your logs please.
 
ok, building new update, with fix for multiple recordings with afterevents and waking deepstandby.

give it hour or so to be online.
 
I have noticed that the Vix Timer entry panel does not let you set an after event action whereas the "OPen Webif" interface does, although it does not appear to retain the setting.

When do log files get written? I have a log file which from the time, looks like it was written when I rebooted my ET9000 soon after it had mysteriously shut itself down.
 
I have noticed that the Vix Timer entry panel does not let you set an after event action whereas the "OPen Webif" interface does, although it does not appear to retain the setting.

When do log files get written? I have a log file which from the time, looks like it was written when I rebooted my ET9000 soon after it had mysteriously shut itself down.

debugging is a live memory process and as such debug logs are only written to storage at shutdown / reboot times ( unless they hit their maximum set limit first ).
 
Sorry Andy late start today!
I've been testing & I have come to conclusion that if e recording timer is running and a power timer is scanning active then when the recording ends it goes to the power timer setting i.e deep standby. Changing the recording timer from auto to no nothing seems to stop it!

I have not reproduced the restart funny yet.
 
Sorry Andy late start today!
I've been testing & I have come to conclusion that if e recording timer is running and a power timer is scanning active then when the recording ends it goes to the power timer setting i.e deep standby. Changing the recording timer from auto to no nothing seems to stop it!

I have not reproduced the restart funny yet.

update is still building. try it when it is online.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top