Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

new vix image

  • Thread starter Thread starter silky
  • Start date Start date
S

silky

Guest


Hi Guys,

New to the VIX image, Im currently using the dream elite image and have been for 6 months but thinking of changing to the VIX image. I like the sound of permanent time shift thats available with the vix image etc.

couple of questions:

1) if I change my image will this mean I have to re-scan all the channels again as I not using usals?

2) will this wipe my hardrive ( wife will kill me if I delete all her films :p ) ?

Thanks


Silky.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Dream Elite don't make images for the Vu Duo, unless you are running the ancient 133F image :)

If you mean BlackHole then Permanent Timeshift is available there too. To answer the questions:
1) backup your settngs first and then restore your settings after flashing
2) flashing an image doesn't affect your HDD as long as you don't choose to re-format it

Hope that helps
 
Hi Sonc,

Thanks for your reply: please excuse my ignorance

I have checked my information screen and my image is as follows:

dreamteam enigma 28/07/2010 experimental ghost HD.

Italian job designed by army.

I dont know if this is the same as a blackhole image but I cannot find any timeshift options etc. The only way I can get the timeshift to kick in is to press yellow button and then press play again and this of course will allow me to rewind etc.

I take it this is quite an old image now?

better to replace do you think?

silky.
 
your not getting the full potential out of your receiver by using such a old and outdated image in my opinion. i would certainly give VIX a go and i bet once you do you'll not go back to your current image.
 
yep I agree with the 2 guys above. There have been lots of updates to the drivers in the last year, and many improvements to the images, so you should really upgrade. Both Vix and BlackHole are great images. If you like your current image functionality (green panel, blue panel, Army skins, etc) that same basic design is still in the latest BlackHole image.

I would give both a try and see which you (and the wife) prefer.
 
Hi,

Brill, thanks guys for the feedback, I will give the VIX image a go, I take it best to put on a usb drive and plug in front of box and start up as I did 12 months ago with my last image?

Cheers again.
 
yeh exactly that, download the latest image from here put it on usb stick, boot box up, let it flash, it will tell u when its finished and reboot, remove usb stick and ur all done
 
Hi everybody I am using the VIX 2.0 image in the internal flash memory and I don't know where to get the new VIX 2.2 image for the flash memory. Can somebody help? There is only the usb one for downloading.
 
Sorry I forget to say my receiver VU+ Duo.
Thank a lot to Punisher and his team they are doing a great job.
 
Sorry I forget to say my receiver VU+ Duo.
Thank a lot to Punisher and his team they are doing a great job.

the usb is only way how to flash to your Internal Flash.

just download, unzip, and copy the folder to your flash, power off the receiver attach usb to front usb port and power on
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top