Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] New ViX Team VU+ Duo OE3.0 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to OpenViX for vuduo
openvix 3.0 vuduo


Box has NOT just come out of standby mode. It's been running with a clean install of 339 for about 15 minutes. No settings installed at all.


vuduo login: root
root@vuduo:~# opkg update
Collected errors:
* opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /var/lib/opkg/lock: Resource temporarily unava ilable



Welcome to OpenViX for vuduo
openvix 3.0 vuduo


vuduo login: root
root@vuduo:~# opkg remove enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaplayer
Collected errors:
* opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /var/lib/opkg/lock: Resource temporarily unavailable.
root@vuduo:~#

Thanks: that does give a clue. We'll look into that, but we need your debuglogs. Could you enable them, restart the box and do the same as above? And than post the log please.

strange happenings .... it actually went through the motions of trying to download plugins but hung in that screen for about 15 before I broke it up.

All further attempts went back to the usuall feeds down for maintenance.

if you stopped it halfway though checking, this why yu are getting issues, as the lock file is still in place as opkg did not complete so did not clear the lock file, only one copy of opkg can be run at a time.

please delete file '/var/lib/opkg/lock' and try again.


Hi Rob I'm very pleased to say I've found the problem.
After weeks of ripping my hair out at not being able to get the feeds working, I simply replaced my 10 metre network cable for a 2 metre one and everything began working like magic.

It had been baffling me for a long time because with the long cable things went through the motions but never finished.

A big thanks to you and all the team and forum members who have helped me with advice in this and other threads in trying to solve my issue.
Now I can enjoy Vix to it's full capacity.

I shouldn't cross post but I'm going to post this in the other thread too . That way more people can see what a simple solution was found to my problem even though I
do look a bit of a plonker now.
 
Hi Rob I'm very pleased to say I've found the problem.
After weeks of ripping my hair out at not being able to get the feeds working, I simply replaced my 10 metre network cable for a 2 metre one and everything began working like magic.

It had been baffling me for a long time because with the long cable things went through the motions but never finished.

A big thanks to you and all the team and forum members who have helped me with advice in this and other threads in trying to solve my issue.
Now I can enjoy Vix to it's full capacity.

I shouldn't cross post but I'm going to post this in the other thread too . That way more people can see what a simple solution was found to my problem even though I
do look a bit of a plonker now.

Congratulations and it's nice to see that you have finally managed to find what was going wrong and fix it.
 
is there still a problem with build 343 ? i am flashing online update , permanently lol ... cant be arsed reflashing again
 
is there still a problem with build 343 ? i am flashing online update , permanently lol ... cant be arsed reflashing again

The latest version on the server i believe is 350 but one of the older builds ( may be 343 ) had a problem with the online update, the update can however be done easily via a telnet session with the following command.

init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 3
 
now let me look for the telnet guide pmsl !!

if you have the telnet client activated in windows it's a easy task.

hit the windows key and type telnet 192.168.x.xx ( replacing the x's with your ip of course ). then enter the password. once your in copy and paste the update command and sit back for around 6 to 10 minutes for the update to complete, once done the box will reboot.
 
Guys, my advice is to stop messing with windows telnet etc and install the easy to use Dreambox Control Center for Enigma2 from bernyr.de/dcce2/index.html

That and Dreamset or similar channel editor are the only 2 programs needed to do anything needed for enigma2 boxes.
 
Guys, my advice is to stop messing with windows telnet etc and install the easy to use Dreambox Control Center for Enigma2 from bernyr.de/dcce2/index.html

That and Dreamset or similar channel editor are the only 2 programs needed to do anything needed for enigma2 boxes.

personally i will never use DCC, at the very most i use 4 programs.

1. The inbuilt telnet client in windows 7 or a direct telnet session via terminal in Ubuntu.
2. DreamBox Edit for bouquet management
3. FlashFXP

4. PUTTY but this is only ever used if i need to generate a bootlog of a receiver.
 
And so everyone has his own preferences. I for example prefer Dreamset very much to DB-Edit.
And unfortunately DB-CC isn't a very stable program, and it's not 100% compatible with ViX/PLi.
 
I use PuTTY for telnet, Filezilla and Dreambox Edit,
I tend to use PuTTY as little as possible though due to being bone idle when it comes to typing in telnet commands, in fact so much so most of the time I just copy and paste commands into it. :D
 
ViX-team is doing an excellent work. Thank you for your efforts. On-line updating and build 356 are working fine.
Just keep on with your admirable job.
I noticed that the webbrowser plugin on the list is not compatible with ViX. Trying to use it will end up with a crash.
I wonder if the ViX-webbrowser project has done any pogress?
 
yes just updated rebooted box when finished then hdd was gone i tryed remounting it job lot but its not there it work befor update
 
yes just updated rebooted box when finished then hdd was gone i tryed remounting it job lot but its not there it work befor update

i don't wish to be pessimistic but I'm wondering if the HD itself is goosed.

Can you test it on anything else to see if it even powers up ?

Can you see it or access it by FTP at all ?
 
it is showing the hdd but it wont mount it are record says no hdd but it was there and working fine just befor i updated i will try up a crash log it crashes when trying to mount hdd
 
it is showing the hdd but it wont mount it are record says no hdd but it was there and working fine just befor i updated i will try up a crash log it crashes when trying to mount hdd

Is it possible to do a restore ?
 
xxxxxxxxxxxx
deleted
xxxxxxxxxxxx
 
Last edited:
thanks for your help i have fixed it now .vix would not mount the hdd so i installed enigma2-plugin-extensions-tspanel_6.4_mips32el and used device manager and mounted ok all bk to normal but all my stuff gone oh well
 
Hi there, I have tried to load Ver 3.0.204 and allot more but I am getting STARTING after loading the image and I cannot get it back. Any ideas as I have Kernal 3.1.1 loaded - wat can I do to get it back working on my VU+ Duo I have it working on one of my boxes but unable to get it to work on the second one?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top