Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo] New ViX Team VU+ Ultimo OE3.0 Release Discussion

Now I found it. The "-" button is on the receiver's panel, not in te remote control.
 
Is it true that there are no DVB-T/T2 modules for Vu+Ultimo? I noticed that DVB T cannot scan terrestial HD channels. Is that so?
 
There is a combo DVB-C/T card available for the uno and ultimo but i'm not sure if it's DVB T/2 or not as i dont have a tv Ariel so have never tried mine.
 
I have DVB-S/S2 and 2 DVB C/T modules in my Vu+Ultimo. Satellite and cable services are all scanned perfectly (SD and HD) but not terrestial. Some frequencies are missng containing all HD-channels. Nano T/T2 USB dongle works.
 
With latest 632 image and default skin:
when try to play any file from mount point with media player i have the next crash log
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 46, in action
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MediaPlayer/plugin.py", line 519, in ok
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MediaPlayer/plugin.py", line 809, in copyFile
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MediaPlayer/plugin.py", line 844, in changeEntry
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MediaPlayer/plugin.py", line 887, in playEntry
NameError: global name 'audio_extensions' is not defined
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method HelpableActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.HelpableActionMap instance at 0x2903ee0>>,('OkCancelActions', 'ok')) failed)

if try to play file from local hdd have the following crash log:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 46, in action
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MediaPlayer/plugin.py", line 531, in ok
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MediaPlayer/plugin.py", line 844, in changeEntry
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MediaPlayer/plugin.py", line 887, in playEntry
NameError: global name 'audio_extensions' is not defined
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method HelpableActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.HelpableActionMap instance at 0x74b5dad0>>,('OkCancelActions', 'ok')) failed)
 
Alas, only SD channels from Terrestrial DVB C/T tuner. I don't know if VU have any plans to bring out a T2 tuner in the future.
Nope you can get T2 (HD) channels on a PCTV 290E stick. I have one and its working brilliantly with VU+
 
USB signal doesn't pass the card/cam slot. Decrypting with card doesn't work with PCTV nanoStick T2 through USB. Cards work in DVB C/T module, but no HD with T.
 
Hi,
crypted USB works with other sticks I cannot image that it will not work with your sticks.

ciao
 
Hi,
crypted USB works with other sticks I cannot image that it will not work with your sticks.

ciao

So you say that USB-TV signal passes the decrypting card in the slot? That I have to test again.
 
So you say that USB-TV signal passes the decrypting card in the slot? That I have to test again.

It seems to work, indeed. The USB-stick signal is decrypted through card in the cardslot or card+cam in the camslot.
PCTV Nanostick T2 finds all the channels, HD included. My inhouse antenna signal seems to be too week to make every channel working properly while my TV-set with the same antenna works alright.
 
Hi i am currently on image 649 and can see there is now image number 653 and 655 however when i try to use the online software update it comes back with the result 'nothing to upgrade' my question is what is in the new image upgrades that is different to 649 thanks in advance for any and all help received
 
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Software Update -> Allow unstable (untested) updates = yes.
You can then do an online update.
 
Hi i am currently on image 649 and can see there is now image number 653 and 655 however when i try to use the online software update it comes back with the result 'nothing to upgrade' my question is what is in the new image upgrades that is different to 649 thanks in advance for any and all help received

Check this thread for change logs.


http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?358-OpenViX-image-updates-and-changelogs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 
Hi I've just down loaded 658 but if i transfer to the usb and pop it in the front of the vu+ultimo I get a message on screen saying there is no file on the stick.

I reformated the usb stick and tried again but got the same, I also tried copying the component parts onto the root dir (if that means copying them straight to the stick as it opens and not into a folder on said stick).

Im getting a lot of crashes and don't really know how to address the problems, it does always seem to coincide with recording though???

Any ideas? I'm not exactly a geek if you catch my drift!
 
1. DITCH RUBBISH STICK
2. FORMAT WORKS BACK UP FLASH DRIVE AND USE THAT INSTEAD:eek:
3. FLASH BOX!!!!!

Nope something is wrong, its asking me to restore.

p.s the above caps were for excitement!
 
Last edited:
Hi I've just down loaded 658 but if i transfer to the usb and pop it in the front of the vu+ultimo I get a message on screen saying there is no file on the stick.

you need to reboot the box with the usb inserted, not insert it & expect it to flash when on live TV.

1. DITCH RUBBISH STICK
2. FORMAT WORKS BACK UP FLASH DRIVE AND USE THAT INSTEAD:eek:
3. FLASH BOX!!!!!

Nope something is wrong, its asking me to restore.

p.s the above caps were for excitement!
Not sure what you're saying, have you it working now?
 
I turned the box off first (followed the advanced pdf instructions).

then it went wrong, now its worked and double checked in the system settings that I'm running the upto date image.

Underpants are still clean too...
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top