Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo] New VU Solo a noob

Suttsy

New member
Joined
Nov 4, 2012
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Southern Ireland
Hi All,
I'm a Noob!!

I just received my new solo+ I ordered at Xmas.
From reading & trying to understand the forums...:confused:
I flashed it with openvix-3.0.540-vusolo2_usb, I think this is correct & the most up to date, but I'm open for correction.
I'm a little confused as to my next step, i.e how do i load a CCCAM, boquets etc....
oh ya "what is a boot loader"
I'd be grateful for some assistance with my journey.

Thanks in advance...........
 
at this moment in time you need not worry about a bootloader as the receiver is so new and therefore a new bootloader is far away.
as for bouquets and CCcam etc, you need to tell us a little more about your setup, such as what satellite or satellites your hoping to tune to.

Take it one step at a time otherwise you will end up confused and overwhelmed.
 
Hey Pheonix,

Thanks for your reply,
I'm in Ireland & have a Rubpert Murdoch dish at present.
I have a solo+ not solo2 if that makes a difference or not.
I have an internet connection running to the box.
Reading from the forums, "connect to the box through an RS-232 cable"
I'm looking for a bit of guidance......:confused:
Oh! & HAPPY NEW YEAR! to ALL!!!:)
 
Download the cccam from the openvix site and ftp it to the tmp folder on the box using filezilla.

than press blue button-vix-manage local extensions and it should show there and press green to install.

You will need to create your own CCcam file.
 
Hi Stanman, thanks for your reply.:thumbsup:

To anyone who have had similar issues!!!

I'm gettin really wound up here at the moment.:mad:
I can't see my vu when connected to DBE through the PC.
Im using a usb to com cable driver installed, turned box on/off, disconnected box reconnected and nothing.
I have the box over 2 weeks, & I'm square eyed from searching the forums!:eek: (I've read Punishers post)
I'm only at the stage where I'm tryin to FTP CCcam.
Any tips or help would be much appreciated.

Suttsy!
 
Are both PC & Duo on the same network?
If so:
Menu -> Information -> Network will show you the IP of the box.

Then launch any FTP client on your PC, use the reported IP of the box, username = root, password is blank, click connect.
 
Cheers Judge,

They were connected, but not through the TV, I hope that's what your post is advising.
I had the box connected to the router & the PC was also connected to the router.
Then connected the box to PC box through USB to Com cable.

Will attempt it again tomorrow!!
 
Not sure why you're using a 'usb to com cable'?
Connecting to the box should be done via LAN, so make sure you have an ethernet-cable plugged in and connected to your network.
 
As Rob says, forget about the usb to com cable, if both PC & DUO are connected to the same router, no need for anything else.
FTP, DBE & any other network related functions will work fine.
 
Hi Stanman, thanks for your reply.:thumbsup:

To anyone who have had similar issues!!!

I'm gettin really wound up here at the moment.:mad:
I can't see my vu when connected to DBE through the PC.
Im using a usb to com cable driver installed, turned box on/off, disconnected box reconnected and nothing.
I have the box over 2 weeks, & I'm square eyed from searching the forums!:eek: (I've read Punishers post)
I'm only at the stage where I'm tryin to FTP CCcam.
Any tips or help would be much appreciated.

Suttsy!

so your trying to setup a FTP connection with a RS232 / USB cable ?. Thats where your going wrong, you need to setup the network connection via the inbuilt LAN port, not the RS232 port.
 
Thanks Pheonix,

Can you be a little more specific!
I'm not computer literate, so a noobs guide would be appreciated.
Sorry for the confusion mate!!

Suttsy.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top