Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Newbie

Boba

New member
Joined
Mar 13, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Fife
Complete newbie here looking for advice. Apologies if there’s a faq somewhere, just point me to it.

I want to get a decent sat box which can both replace SkyQ (for the Mrs.) including EPG, recording, series linking, catch-up and the rest, and let me dabble with sat reception and a bit of hacking in general. We’ve presently got SkyQ with a wide band LNR and a mini box. I’ve a techy background, well into PC type hardware and general electronics and I’m a long time Unix user. A pointer or 2 to stuff to browse, kit to consider etc. would be much appreciated. Not too bothered by cost (within obvious limits of course :) ).

Thanks
 
Series link doesn't exist in enigma, but there are auto timers which do similar.

You can do most of the rest using OpenViX image.

For receivers you need to give an idea of your budget.
 
Thanks.
Budget I was thinking maybe £3-400 top end but I don't mind spending on a hobby.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top