Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] NFS issue

The NFS share often disappears randomly in spite of the refresh every 1 hr in the software.
I agree this is a problem.
If you are using automount (==autofs), which I'm assuming that everyone is, then the "refresh" will have no effect as automounts are only mounted when in use (well, that's the intent anyway...).
 
If you are using automount (==autofs), which I'm assuming that everyone is, then the "refresh" will have no effect as automounts are only mounted when in use (well, that's the intent anyway...).

Point taken ... but the fact that the nfs mount is randomly disappearing is the real point here.
This has been happening as far back in the Apollo image as I can remember.
 
Point taken ... but the fact that the nfs mount is randomly disappearing is the real point here.
Agreed.
But the report of it disappearing while it is being used is very odd.
Bear in mind that it could be a problem at the NFS server end.

What is really needed is some information from the system just after the problem occurs.
 
I myself haven't experienced it disappearing whilst it is being used. Also I never put the box into any kind of standby.
I assumed before it was a possible problem with my NAS drive that's why I didn't report it. I have since then discounted this, as in my case I can ALWAYS see the NFS share on my windows computers, even when it disappears from the VU Solo2 box shares. I just feel it is far more likely that this is some sort of coding problem. After all, we can't all have faulty hardware can we? and I presume we all have different types of shares (ie Nas drives). Mine for the record is a Netgear Stora NAS.

Incidentally... although my default recording path is to the NFS share, as I have an internal HD in the Solo2, many recordings randomly appear on the hard disk rather than the default NFS share, which again seems to point to a problem. Then, when I check to play back the recording, the share sometimes reappears when I go to the stored location settings or sometimes not... and that's when I get the path not found message.
 
Last edited:
Yes but it is immaterial as windows will be using a cifs share.
Yes I know but at least it shows that the NAS drive hardware is working correctly.
Sigh... guys give me a break. I'm just reporting a problem. If you can explain the share disappearing please help...
 
Last edited:
Hi, i switched to the Blackhole image to test if my NFS shares are working and staying good en guess what? Problem is gone!! I will test it some more days en then reflash my box again with the VIX image to see if problem happens again
 
I recently got a solo2 to go with my duo2 and I used nfs to share the files on my duo2 with the solo2. It worked fine until I changed the local ip address of both machines. I didn't use DHCP and I just changed the ip addresses in the network setttings. I changed the ip addresses to high numbers so that they were always the same - I didn't want another network device grabbing the ip address of one of the machines if the machine was switched off.

After the ip address change, nfs stopped working. The duo2 was visible but always came up with an error if I tried accessing it from the solo2. I tried rescanning the network and uninstalling and reinstalling nfs but nothing I tried fixed the problem.

As a last resort, I reflashed the solo2 and set it up again from scratch. It worked fine again once I'd setup nfs on the solo2.

I don't know if any of this helps, but thought I let you know that you're not the only one to have had problems with nfs.
 
Not sure if its pure luck but i aint had any issues with nfs for a while and i aint changed any settings or updated anything,tried all kinds of reboots to stbs and internet


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
not sure if its just me but im still having the same problem with NFS share between two stbs,not sure if its just a coincidence but i just lose share from duo to solo 2 and never the other way around:confused:
like ive said earlier no real ball ache as a reboot of both stbs seem to fix but its still confusing
duo:hades 004
solo2:hades 004
 
Anyone out there have nfs share working without having to do a reboot every now an again as im keen on what settings anyone has or if samba works ok?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
i am using nfs on all my boxes and no problems yet,has your ip changed and your using a hard wired connection,stopped using samba ages ago when i had issues of no connection.:D
 
Anyone out there have nfs share working without having to do a reboot every now an again as im keen on what settings anyone has or if samba works ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, have my xtrend et9000 sharing out its hdd for the last 3 years.
Using xtrend et4000, wdmedia box as clients - not requiring regular reboots to fix nfs
Both stb's only upgraded recently to Apollo 166 (previously running openbix 3.0)

Just installed nfs server via network panel and using standard /etc/exports file

Code:
root@et9x00:~# cat /etc/exports
/media/hdd/ 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0(rw,no_root_squash,sync,no_subtree_check)
/media/hdd2/ 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0(rw,no_root_squash,sync,no_subtree_check)
/media/usb/ 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0(rw,no_root_squash,sync,no_subtree_check)
root@et9x00:~#

On et4000 client using mounted as follows

Code:
root@et4x00:~# cat /etc/fstab
rootfs               /                    auto       defaults              1  1
proc                 /proc                proc       defaults              0  0
devpts               /dev/pts             devpts     mode=0620,gid=5       0  0
usbdevfs             /proc/bus/usb        usbdevfs   noauto                0  0
tmpfs                /var/volatile        tmpfs      defaults              0  0
usbfs                /proc/bus/usb        usbfs      defaults              0  0
UUID=79cf3e3c-eef3-478d-bf4f-8cd77ce4e747       /media/usb      auto    defaults        0 0
192.168.X.XX:/media/hdd        /media/hdd      nfs     _netdev,rw,nolock,tcp,nfsvers=3,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,fg,soft,intr     0 0
root@et4x00:~#

Did have to reboot wdlive box to get nfs running properly, but that's because nfs support was an odd addon in the firmware

PS: I use static addresses on everything on my n/w that's wired (which is everything except phones and wireless laptops)
Also do not use cifs at all (never configured and have the server stopped)

WW
 
Last edited:
Anyone out there have nfs share working without having to do a reboot every now an again as im keen on what settings anyone has or if samba works ok?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine has been fine since I fixed the ip addresses of both boxes. I just use nfs, nothing else.
 
grab.webpgrab.webpgrab.webpgrab.webp
thanks for replies ive tried setting a static ip but i couldnt mount either way ive went back to using DHCP and everything is sharing ok can anyone tell me if my settings are correct in mounts editor and in the other pic do the red crosses mean anything as when i done this a year or so back im sure they where green ticks,cifs share from my lap top never fails
thanks
 
View attachment 42860View attachment 42861View attachment 42862View attachment 42863
thanks for replies ive tried setting a static ip but i couldnt mount either way ive went back to using DHCP and everything is sharing ok can anyone tell me if my settings are correct in mounts editor and in the other pic do the red crosses mean anything as when i done this a year or so back im sure they where green ticks,cifs share from my lap top never fails
thanks

having exact same issue with my zero. just wont mount nothing.
 
Lads, just realised from looking at your screenshots that I am not using autofs as my mount methodm ising the older linux fstab method
Worth a try!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top