Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue UHD QUAD 4K] Nightmare - Failed Recordings Yesterday Evening

Thanks again.

And amazing. The box started recording by itself for 2 programmes overnight. One after approx. 6 hours in DS at 0530 and the second after another 6 hours in DS at approx. 1240. There was no network available for the first, but my mobile hotspot was active at 1240 and the phone did show the box's MAC address as connected. But I couldn't connect with Filezilla or OpenWebIF until I started the network manually after the box had already started recording, which I had to do to get the changed IP address. So I don't think this had any bearing on the 1240 wake up.
It doesn't seem to connect to a WLAN automatically and of course changes the IP - is there anyway of locking that??

So it would appear that some form of internal clock was working.

The log 2308 is about the time I put the box into DS, the log 1918 shows 2307 as the final time. I assume that this is the box time when it also woke up. The log has:

38.703812> 23:08:19.5535 [eDVBLocalTimeHandler] RTC not ready... wait for transponder time.

60.184789> 23:08:41.0344 [eDVBLocalTimerHandler] update RTC
60.184819> 23:08:41.0345 [eDVBLocalTimerHandler] time update to 05:24:00
60.184834> 23:08:41.0345 [eDVBLocalTimerHandler] m_time_difference is 22519 - 6h15m, so correct.
60.184909> 05:24:00.0345 [eDVBLocalTimerHandler] stepped Linux Time to 05:24:00

Only 20 odd seconds later.

You wrote "but the schedule is not corrected and ABM will not run until that relative timer runs down. ". I've noticed that if ABM is set to run 10 mins after a power reboot, then the LCD screen indeed shows ABM running.

The logs still have OpenTV entries. Eg:

< 56.798157> 23:08:37.6478 [OpentvZapper-Scheduler][Scheduleautostart] reason(0), session <__main__.Session object at 0xb08b5828>
< 56.798265> 23:08:37.6479 [OpentvZapper-Scheduler][Scheduleautostart] AutoStart Enabled - ???
< 56.798452> 23:08:37.6481 [OpentvZapper-Scheduler][AutoScheduleTimer] Schedule Enabled at Sat 19 Apr 2025 23:08:37 BST
< 56.798727> 23:08:37.6484 [OpentvZapper-Scheduler][scheduledate] Time set to Sun 20 Apr 2025 17:50:00 BST (now=Sat 19 Apr 2025 23:08:37 BST) - the 1750 is the custom time in the settings, which I've disabled.

The 0615 log is when the Auto Deep standby timer will have operated. But still OpenTV stuff.

< 3066.180935> 06:14:06.0306 [AutoBouquetsMaker] next wake up due 1745163600 - correct 1740 in ABM settings after power timer at 1630.
< 3066.181286> 06:14:06.0309 [OpentvZapper] next wake up due 1745167800 - 1743 - not correct - not set by me - where has this come from??
< 3066.181754> 06:14:06.0314 [AutoBouquetsMaker] next wake up due 1745163600
< 3066.181945> 06:14:06.0316 [OpentvZapper] next wake up due 1745167800
< 3066.182363> 06:14:06.0320 [AutoBouquetsMaker] next wake up due 1745163600
< 3066.182692> 06:14:06.0323 [StartEnigma] set wakeup time to 2025/04/20 12:37 - correct for next prog.
< 3066.183518> 06:14:06.0332 [StartEnigma] recordTimerWakeupAuto True
< 3066.404330> 06:14:06.2540 [LED-GIGA] sessionstart

Yet I've disabled OpenTVEPG. Is there another setting somewhere??

In the settings file:

config.epg.opentv=False

config.plugins.opentvzapper.nextscheduletime=1745167800 - 1743
config.plugins.opentvzapper.notifications=True
config.plugins.opentvzapper.schedule=True
config.plugins.opentvzapper.scheduleshutdown=False
config.plugins.opentvzapper.scheduletime=17:50 - custom time

So is there an unknown/hidden plugin??

Another oddity is some files are timed 0715/4 - when the box was in DS. profile to autotimer?

1745155565684.webp

However, I do find it ridiculous that a network connection is apparently required for the box to operate correctly. There is no mention of this is the specs blurb on the World of satellite shop page - just that there is an ethernet connection for IPTV etc. It is a satellite receiver and should be able to get all the data from that.
 

Attachments

Thanks again.

And amazing. The box started recording by itself for 2 programmes overnight. One after approx. 6 hours in DS at 0530 and the second after another 6 hours in DS at approx. 1240. There was no network available for the first, but my mobile hotspot was active at 1240 and the phone did show the box's MAC address as connected. But I couldn't connect with Filezilla or OpenWebIF until I started the network manually after the box had already started recording, which I had to do to get the changed IP address. So I don't think this had any bearing on the 1240 wake up.
It doesn't seem to connect to a WLAN automatically and of course changes the IP - is there anyway of locking that??

So it would appear that some form of internal clock was working.

The log 2308 is about the time I put the box into DS, the log 1918 shows 2307 as the final time. I assume that this is the box time when it also woke up. The log has:

38.703812> 23:08:19.5535 [eDVBLocalTimeHandler] RTC not ready... wait for transponder time.

60.184789> 23:08:41.0344 [eDVBLocalTimerHandler] update RTC
60.184819> 23:08:41.0345 [eDVBLocalTimerHandler] time update to 05:24:00
60.184834> 23:08:41.0345 [eDVBLocalTimerHandler] m_time_difference is 22519 - 6h15m, so correct.
60.184909> 05:24:00.0345 [eDVBLocalTimerHandler] stepped Linux Time to 05:24:00

Only 20 odd seconds later.

You wrote "but the schedule is not corrected and ABM will not run until that relative timer runs down. ". I've noticed that if ABM is set to run 10 mins after a power reboot, then the LCD screen indeed shows ABM running.

The logs still have OpenTV entries. Eg:

< 56.798157> 23:08:37.6478 [OpentvZapper-Scheduler][Scheduleautostart] reason(0), session <__main__.Session object at 0xb08b5828>
< 56.798265> 23:08:37.6479 [OpentvZapper-Scheduler][Scheduleautostart] AutoStart Enabled - ???
< 56.798452> 23:08:37.6481 [OpentvZapper-Scheduler][AutoScheduleTimer] Schedule Enabled at Sat 19 Apr 2025 23:08:37 BST
< 56.798727> 23:08:37.6484 [OpentvZapper-Scheduler][scheduledate] Time set to Sun 20 Apr 2025 17:50:00 BST (now=Sat 19 Apr 2025 23:08:37 BST) - the 1750 is the custom time in the settings, which I've disabled.

The 0615 log is when the Auto Deep standby timer will have operated. But still OpenTV stuff.

< 3066.180935> 06:14:06.0306 [AutoBouquetsMaker] next wake up due 1745163600 - correct 1740 in ABM settings after power timer at 1630.
< 3066.181286> 06:14:06.0309 [OpentvZapper] next wake up due 1745167800 - 1743 - not correct - not set by me - where has this come from??
< 3066.181754> 06:14:06.0314 [AutoBouquetsMaker] next wake up due 1745163600
< 3066.181945> 06:14:06.0316 [OpentvZapper] next wake up due 1745167800
< 3066.182363> 06:14:06.0320 [AutoBouquetsMaker] next wake up due 1745163600
< 3066.182692> 06:14:06.0323 [StartEnigma] set wakeup time to 2025/04/20 12:37 - correct for next prog.
< 3066.183518> 06:14:06.0332 [StartEnigma] recordTimerWakeupAuto True
< 3066.404330> 06:14:06.2540 [LED-GIGA] sessionstart

Yet I've disabled OpenTVEPG. Is there another setting somewhere??

In the settings file:

config.epg.opentv=False

config.plugins.opentvzapper.nextscheduletime=1745167800 - 1743
config.plugins.opentvzapper.notifications=True
config.plugins.opentvzapper.schedule=True
config.plugins.opentvzapper.scheduleshutdown=False
config.plugins.opentvzapper.scheduletime=17:50 - custom time

So is there an unknown/hidden plugin??

Another oddity is some files are timed 0715/4 - when the box was in DS. profile to autotimer?

View attachment 67413

However, I do find it ridiculous that a network connection is apparently required for the box to operate correctly. There is no mention of this is the specs blurb on the World of satellite shop page - just that there is an ethernet connection for IPTV etc. It is a satellite receiver and should be able to get all the data from that.
But don't you have times setting set to sync time using NTP that requires internet connection
rather than Transponder time. or is that option not available on vix ?
 
But don't you have times setting set to sync time using NTP that requires internet connection
rather than Transponder time. or is that option not available on vix ?
Yes its available
 
And searching through settings yet again - transponder time is and has always been set and not NTP.

I've now deleted the EPG Import plug in and log settings show OpentvZapper - wake up due - 1. Or Wednesday, 31 December 1969 23:59:59
Does that mean it won't run?

But further down it shows
"Next download scheduled for Sun.... 1941" which was the setting of 3 hrs scheduled but hopefully with the previous - 1 it won't actually now run.

Fingers crossed, deleting a good proportion of apparent duplication, the box might behave.

1_0_19_1B1C_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20250420174534.webp
 
That log is when you are closing enigma.

"-1" means don't wake enigma for this plugin, i.e. no timer is set.

This setting is only of interest for waking a receiver from deep standby.

Code:
config.plugins.opentvzapper.schedule.value and config.plugins.opentvzapper.schedulewakefromdeep.value and config.plugins.opentvzapper.nextscheduletime.value > 0 and config.plugins.opentvzapper.nextscheduletime.value or -1
 
@Huevos. Great. I don't want OpenTV and EPG Import involved at all. I'll just leave it to ABM to run - currently daily but I could reduce the frequency - plus FreesatEPG to keep ontop of both TV and radio channels.

Looking through the log files, there does seem to be much duplication going on fractions of a second apart.
It would also be good when viewing the logs on the box to be able to search - like the find function in notepad.

The logs seem to be a mix of starting with closing down and then the next start up when the RTC is updated. The log at 1641 was after the box had done a power on reboot at 1630, then ABM at 1640 and started recording the BBC news at 1647. The next shut down/closing wasn't for a good hour or so after Countryfile at 1820.

Interesting the Gigablue claimed power consumption seems to be a little optimistic. On my Tapo plug energy monitoring Deep Standby is 2w not 0.5w. Recording in Standby, just date/time on LCD, is 19w. Again adrift of the claimed 12/3w or so. Usual cobblers of measuring energy consumption!
 
The other thing that has struck me is EPG Import. Deleting/uninstalling the plugin seems to have changed the OpenTVZapper to -1. I'm surprised they appear to be linked??
 
Oh well. Strange then deleting 1 changed the other. Anyway, deleted the OpenTVZapper as well.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top