S
scanline
Guest
Hi, I've just bought an Octagon SF228 with OpenVIX 5.0.027 preloaded.
I've got it connected to an old 4:3 bedroom TV over SCART, but I can't see a 4:3 display option anywhere in the Vix/Enigma2 menus.
Everything is being formatted to 16:9:
- 4:3 channels have pillarbox bars added at the side*
- 16:9 content is passed through with no option to add letterboxing (or pan&scan the centre region) so most channels are stretched vertically.
- WSS (widscreen signalling command) is being sent out on the SCART but the TV is too old to recognise it (confirmed with another TV in the house).
*I'm aware that some broadcasters pre-pillarbox 4:3 content, but I'm referring to native channels.
I've got it connected to an old 4:3 bedroom TV over SCART, but I can't see a 4:3 display option anywhere in the Vix/Enigma2 menus.
Everything is being formatted to 16:9:
- 4:3 channels have pillarbox bars added at the side*
- 16:9 content is passed through with no option to add letterboxing (or pan&scan the centre region) so most channels are stretched vertically.
- WSS (widscreen signalling command) is being sent out on the SCART but the TV is too old to recognise it (confirmed with another TV in the house).
*I'm aware that some broadcasters pre-pillarbox 4:3 content, but I'm referring to native channels.
