Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

No AC3 Audio for MKV Files

  • Thread starter Thread starter t4tahir
  • Start date Start date
T

t4tahir

Guest
Hi All,

I am using VIX 1.3.0 on my VU+Duo , i can play mkv , ts files easily but if media file have AC3 audio , it gives me error on screen " Gstreamer plugin audio /x-ec3 decoder not availble".

Can someone please tell me how i can get this decoder installed with VIX 1.3.0 firmware ?

I dont have this issue when i use open PLi image.

Regards
Tahir
 
I have the exact same problem, since reflashing. I have movies that used to play fine AC3 sound etc. on VIX1.2, Now I get the same message. I also can no longer view certain ext like m2ts.

anyone know whats up?

regards
 
Hmmmmmmm.

It's obviously a codec issue :-( or something more sinister.

In the short term, you can try converting the audio codec on the file to another type, and report back.
I guess Vix 1.4 is on it's way lol

I use a program called Handbrake, as I have a Netgear Media Streamer suffering from a similar issue with m2ts(blu Ray)and matroska(.mkv)files.

Also download a too called Media Info.

It works like Gspot, and is a Codec information appliance, and you can see what codecs are being used :-)
Hope this is helpful.

Just a quick footnote, and I know you have probably done this, but hard boot the box from the switch on the back, and try playing the file again!

Seasons greets :-)))
 
Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the reply,
I tried the reboot and it did not work.
Something has definitely happened to the video/audio support with latest image. I some file types such as mt2s no longer show in the directory and the gstreamer error. I also cannot seem to get dts passthrough.
 
can anyone else confirm if they can get:
  • DTS passthrough
  • AC3 audio to work without gstreamer error

I have reflashed my box again, updated image and then tried again to check if it was just my box, still not working
 
Hmmmmmmm.

I'll have a look later.
Was ok as you say on 1.2

Hope the people in the know are looking at this thread.
 
please, could a developer make a comment on the AC3 gstreamer playback and the DTS pass through? ::confused:
These definitely were not issues before as I often use my box for mkv, mt2s playback, and now there are problems.

thanks in advance
 
Hey all...this is not one that i have come across....

Im sure that the dev team will comment if they know what the issue is.
 
they work for me watched one 2 days ago on duo

mkv/ac3 cant say about dts as dont have passthrough device
 
As silverfox said, ac3 works perfect on the image. I did have a problem previously, whereby sound was playing up. But that was because I had no swap file running. When swap was set up again, all worked great. Have you tried setting up a swap?

As for dts, that's never worked as far as I'm aware...

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk
 
ok, I have tested about 20 dts and 20 ac3 movies now, all of which worked before VIX1.3 on VIX1.2 for me

AC3 is working ok on my mkv files
M2ts files do not show in directory, and when i am able to run them, i get the gstreamer ac3 error on these types.
DTS does not passthrough although it did.

Can anyone else verify DTS pass through and whether it did work for them on VIX1.2 and VIX1.3?
Does anyone have any m2ts files to try?

DTS downmix is actually available and working on other images, maybe it is something that could be put into VIX for those without a DTS decoding hifi as VIX1.3 for me is the best overall image, for me I am ok with passthrough though, when it works. I know most people that use MKV files in 1080 have them in DTS.

Cheers
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top