Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

No audio after boot/reboot

2stein

ViX Beta Tester
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
1,108
Reaction score
46
Points
48
Website
github.com
Hi, just installed the latest Zeus image and have a problem with sound.
After booting from power-off or rebooting the box or rebooting enigma2 I have no sound. I have to go into standby and back on to get sound.
Any help?
Thanks.
P.S. I just have an HDMI connection for video and audio.
 
Last edited:
Its a driver issue I think. If you change to a sd channel or vice versa it will bring the sound back.
 
No, changing the channel doesn't bring sound back.
And it used to work fine with the "old" image.

This has been a known driver bug for 4 plus years, all the way back to the launch of the Duo, although it does not always show all the time, for some reason it seems to have resurfaced again with the last few sets of drivers.
 
This has been a known driver bug for 4 plus years, all the way back to the launch of the Duo, although it does not always show all the time, for some reason it seems to have resurfaced again with the last few sets of drivers.
Well, with the old image I just saw the problem when rebooting enigma, but not when I booted the box or rebooted the box.
With Zeus it shows up all the time when I boot or reboot.
 
Well, with the old image I just saw the problem when rebooting enigma, but not when I bootet the box or rebootet the box.
With Zeus it shows up all the time when I boot or reboot.

It's still a driver bug.
 
Updating to the latest drivers on my solo2 did this every time I turned on from normal standby, yes switching to
A channel with MPEG audio and then back again solved the problem, but unplugging the hdmi cable and forcing a re-handshake seems to have solved it properly
 
Updating to the latest drivers on my solo2 did this every time I turned on from normal standby, yes switching to
A channel with MPEG audio and then back again solved the problem, but unplugging the hdmi cable and forcing a re-handshake seems to have solved it properly
unplugging the hdmi-cable once solved it forever?
 
Hi, just installed the latest Zeus image and have a problem with sound.
After booting from power-off or rebooting the box or rebooting enigma2 I have no sound. I have to go into standby and back on to get sound.
Any help?
Thanks.
P.S. I just have an HDMI connection for video and audio.
i found this also when 1st upgrading to zeus(think i originally put on 016).
i got sound back by changing menu>system>a/v settings>3d surround to hdmi.
i am currently on 023 so i think changing the above setting once may cure your problem but wont be able to tell for definite until doing next update.
 
i found this also when 1st upgrading to zeus(think i originally put on 016).
i got sound back by changing menu>system>a/v settings>3d surround to hdmi.
i am currently on 023 so i think changing the above setting once may cure your problem but wont be able to tell for definite until doing next update.
that sounds promising. thanks a lot for the info. will try tonight.
 
I swear since I re hand shaked the box and the tv following the latest driver update it hasn't happened...
?
 
i found this also when 1st upgrading to zeus(think i originally put on 016).
i got sound back by changing menu>system>a/v settings>3d surround to hdmi.
i am currently on 023 so i think changing the above setting once may cure your problem but wont be able to tell for definite until doing next update.
thanks a lot, that fixed the issue.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top