Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[TM-TWIN 4K] No epg , no menu, just the last viewed channel

I have flashed the receiver ok and started as new. Now when I try to use ABM to scan, I get a message saying "setup in configuration" I have select expert in the config section.

What have I missed?
 
It means your Tuner Configuration.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes ok thanks,.
I configured the tuners to expert mode and saw it was 19.2 E Astra, but shouldn't it be 28.2 Astra?
When I scanned using ABM there were no UK or English providers, and no Bouquets. I changed the tuners to 28.2, but I am getting this tuner "setup in configuration" again.
 
In tuner configuration you need to set all your satellite tuners to 28.2 Astra if you have Freesat.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I have set both tuners to 28.2 Astra, and when I selected an automatic scan , it was scanning the 19.2 statellite.
help!

I have a listing of freesat channels now, and have hidden what we don't watch, but there is no epg as of yet.

The background screen is of OpenVix, and has been saying "Please Wait" for the last 15 minutes. I don't know what it is waiting for.
 
Why are you doing an automatic scan? All you need to do when doing a fresh install and basic setup;
Go through the FIW (First Install Wizard) where you select HDMI, Resolution etc. When at the Tuner Configuration you set both your tuners to 28.2 (Try Advanced, 28.2 Astra & LNB1). You would choose to not scan now and manually do this later etc. You would go into ABM (Service Searching) and select Freesat for your Providers, tailor your ABM setup to your needs and Start Scan. Exit back to your tv and if you press your TV button (you should have a Radio & a TV on your remote) and this will bring your Bouquets up. Select a section and a channel.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Why are you doing an automatic scan? All you need to do when doing a fresh install and basic setup;
Go through the FIW (First Install Wizard) where you select HDMI, Resolution etc. When at the Tuner Configuration you set both your tuners to 28.2 (Try Advanced, 28.2 Astra & LNB1). You would choose to not scan now and manually do this later etc. You would go into ABM (Service Searching) and select Freesat for your Providers, tailor your ABM setup to your needs and Start Scan. Exit back to your tv and if you press your TV button (you should have a Radio & a TV on your remote) and this will bring your Bouquets up. Select a section and a channel.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I have re flashed the box again and started afresh.

Now after setting up the tuners to 28.2 Astra, then did a manual scan later. When I press the TV button I get a listing of Bouquets and then channels. I have the BBC1 HD channel playing ok.

What would be next to get the epg working as such.
 
For setting up your EPG do the following;
Make sure in your EPG settings that the EPG data is saved to your HDD. Run a daily schedule to suit a time for you & ABM. So for example if you have scheduled a daily ABM scan for 5am then set the daily EPG schedule to run at 5:15am.
In your CrossEPG use OpenTV to generate your EPG data.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Also should have said when you've setup Your EPG, exit back to your TV then press the Blue button and run CrossEPG Downloader.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Scrap Those last 2 posts. Just been told for Freesat no need to schedule a scan or use CrossEPG or OpenTV, so undo those but keep it so that your EPG data gets stored to your HDD.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Just make sure Freesat EPG is enabled in the settings. It should be.
Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> EPG settings -> Enable FreeSat EPG


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thanks very much for walking me through the setup, much appreciated, and I think that's it now.

When I previously set up CrossEPG I used the OopenVix instructions, and this time I noticed that the rytec provider was not showing in the providers list. It looks like it is not needed now?

All the channels are back in the epg with the relevant picons, and the other half is now happy
 
I'm glad alls good, fingers x'd. [emoji4] No, the Rytec Provider isn't needed here. If you are happy with your setup, you can always create a backup using BlUe Button > ViX > Backup Manager & then press the Green Button. This will save your settings etc so if you ever did a fresh image install, you have a Backup you could use. [emoji4]
If you would like to try a different Skin, you can do this via the Plugins. Menu > Plugins > Green Button and go to Skins. XBMC Bello, XBMC Confluence, YouViX-Blue are nice ones to try.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Well I don't believe this;: It has just happened again. I turned the TV on etc, picked up the remote and nothing works again! Why!

For what it's worth I can control the box on openwebif with the remote on the screen, but not with the physical remote.

Pressing any button at all does not change anything from the screen it is on now.

Any ideas as to what is causing this again ? Faulty box or ??
 
Looks to be a faulty remote to me. Try some good quality batteries, like Duracell ones. You might laugh at this, but do you have dome sort of energy saving lights or anything that you can think of that may interfere with your remote?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Or it could be an HDMI-CEC issue. Could try turning this off on your TV/Amp & Satellite receiver, but my guess the Satellite receiver HDMI-CEC will be disabled.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I did try some different batteries earlier today, rechargables they were, and it didn't make any difference, but I will try some others to be sure.

About energy saving lights, could be a reason if they were on, but non of them are yet.

The HDMI CEC setting was disabled on the satellite box, and I couldn't find any reference to it either on my amp or TV

I know one thing: the other half isn't very happy again!

Do you think it is worth opening a ticket worth WOS?
 
Last edited:
I would email WoS and see what they say before opening a ticket. They might suggest something. I have messaged Stef and given him an heads up already. WoS are good. [emoji4]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I can't see where I could send an email as the Contact Us goes to the open a ticket page. I'll maybe have to ring them on Monday.

Roughly, it seems to be that after a reboot to getting things working again, it takes about 40 to 50 minutes before it stops working. The remote does make the front panel led to blink green when a button is pressed.

Could you suggest any other box with roughly the same specs as the technomate 4k twin tuner. It's just so if I am asked about a replacement or something.
 
The Mut@nt HD51 or the Octagon SF4008 are similar spec'd and price.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top