Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET8x00] No Free Tuner Problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter lynxeffect
  • Start date Start date
L

lynxeffect

Guest
Hi

I purchased a box from WOS with Openvix pre-flashed to it around 10 months ago. I recently had to re-flash the box so i could update the box as the old Vix version couldn't be updated via the box itself. I have an Xtrend ET8000 Twin tuner. 2 cables come in from my Satellite dish and 1 is plugged into Tuner A, the second goes into Tuner B. Since the reflash, i am unable to record 1 programme whilst watching another. Ie If I am watching BBC1 and there's a recording set on Channel 5, as soon as the recording begins, the screen goes black and i get a "No Free Tuner" message. When i bring up the channel list, all the channels are greyed out with the exception of a few other channel 5 related channels (presumably on same transponder)

Can anybody tell me what my settings should be for each tuner?? Really stumped with this one and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
 
Hi Abu, thanks for the reply.

Had both Tuner A & Tuner B set to :

Simple
Single
28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G
No

Then i tried keeping Tuner A as above and Changing Tuner B only to:

Loop Through To Tuner A

No such luck, any ideas??:confused:
 
Don't use loopthrough when you have a feed to all tuners.
 
I didn't think that would be correct Judge, I have just been trying various configurations to see if i can get it to work. Would you say both Tuners should be the same if you have a feed to both Tuners as per my original set-up below?

Simple
Single
28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G
No

Thanks for you help
 
Your tuner configuration must match what is attached to it. In your case, simple, single, 28.2 is correct l. Based on your description.

Are you sure nobody is streaming from your receiver? That would occupy a tuner.
 
Hi Abu

Not that i'm aware of, how would i know if somebody is streaming from my receiver?? Would Re-Flashing and setting up from scratch with latest Vix image be worth a shot??

Thanks
 
Streaming clients can be found easily via the menu button - information/streaming clients info
 
Checked Clients info and nobody streaming. I done what IAmATeaf said above. Disabled Tuner A and managed to get all channels using just Tuner B. Then enabled Tuner A whilst disabling Tuner B, again managed to get all channels whilst only using Tuner A. Then had an idea. I have timeshift activated on my box so i can pause and rewind live tv etc, in the timeshift settings i changed the "allow timeshift when recording" from Yes to.No and that seems to have cured the problem for now. I have tried recording 1 prog on BBC1 & i was still able to access all other channels. Does anybody know of you should be able to use timeshift on one channel whilst recoding on another?? Thanks for all the help guys, appreciated.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top