Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET10x00] No VIX country view picture when rebooting

/usr/bin/showiframe mvi-filename
It will put the image onto the screen.
To remove it change the channel, or go into/out of standby.

PS: I've looked at the files on an et1x000 image for 4.2.019. I can't see anything wrong. /etc/init.d/bootlogo is there, plus the rcS.d symlink, /usr/share contains the correct *.mvi files.
And the showiframe runs OK on my mbtwin (both mips32 systems)
Odd.

Is the rc5.d link an entry in /etc/rc5.d using ln - sback to ../init.d/bootlogo If so what Snnbootlogo number do you have - I am going to try S03 as its first gap (I know they run in alpanum order)
 
I've never seen that.

I telnet (well ssh) in and run the command. it just puts the image onto the screen.
Not sure how the device can be busy - but that will be the problem. A driver issue?

I get the busy error on both the latest bootlogo.mvi file and an old one I was given to customise from the # prompt but the custom one works on reboot!
 
No. That's not the issue.
My et8000 also gets that on 4.2.018, where the Country view shows up at start-up.

If there is a TV channel active it gets the busy error.
If it is put into standby (so the display isn't active) the command succeeds (well - it doesn't report an error).

Yes - tried that - command does not give error but obviously don't see anything either.
 
It seems to be an oddity in the file. Other images of that format display OK.

Here's a re-worked version of it (-> jpeg, back to mvi) that works on an et8000.

You can replace /usr/share/bootlogo.mvi, /usr/share/backdrop.mvi and /usr/share/enigma2/radio.mvi - which are actually 3 copies of the same file - with this.

View attachment backdrop.zip
 
Cheers, I'll give it a go later tonight after recordings have finished, or tomorrow if I don't get time.
 
It seems to be an oddity in the file. Other images of that format display OK.

Here's a re-worked version of it (-> jpeg, back to mvi) that works on an et8000.

You can replace /usr/share/bootlogo.mvi, /usr/share/backdrop.mvi and /usr/share/enigma2/radio.mvi - which are actually 3 copies of the same file - with this.

View attachment 51546

Thanks again Birdman. I'd downloaded one of Rossi's bootlogos from plugins and it worked so was reasonably sure it was the file itself. But thanks for sourcing a good image. Have tested it OK with both enigma restart and full init 6 now. Will save it off to hdd dir but hopefully it'll be a minor error correction in whenever -021 is due for other reasons. Thanks again
 
It seems to be an oddity in the file. Other images of that format display OK.

Here's a re-worked version of it (-> jpeg, back to mvi) that works on an et8000.

You can replace /usr/share/bootlogo.mvi, /usr/share/backdrop.mvi and /usr/share/enigma2/radio.mvi - which are actually 3 copies of the same file - with this.

View attachment 51546

I've now moved on to 4.2.020, and after copying the files the countryside is back again as before. Again, many thanks for the fix.
 
I've now moved on to 4.2.020, and after copying the files the countryside is back again as before. Again, many thanks for the fix.
That wa a workaround.
It turns out that the actual problem was a change to showiframe. This is now fixed and should be OK in 4.2.021.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top