Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] ntfs-3g plugin install problem

Tangfolio

New member
Joined
Mar 23, 2014
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Not too sure if I am in the right forum for this but -
I have been trying to install the ntfs-3g plugin but keep getting this error message:
"opkg_conf_load: could not lock /var/lib/opkg/lock: resource temporarily unavailable"
tried three or four times but just keep getting same thing.
I wondered about other possible install options but can't find anywhere to download ntfs-3g or find anything that seems to perform a similar function.
 
Ntfs3g is not compatible with the new kernel. Search the forums for more info. I have posted on how to get read only access to ntfs drives
 
Tkr001, Could you be a bit more specific.
I have read dozens of threads that come up in a search for 'ntfs' but didn't find anything that works.
It says in a lot that the new version supports ntfs read but it is not recognising it at all for me (put Apollo 041 on last night).
I did see one about telnet command opkg install kernel-module-ntfs but that hasn't done anything.
My ntfs formatted stuff was still being recognised up to Apollo 035 and things I have read says the system changed at Apollo 025.
 
There wasn't a /lock in /var/lib/opkg
Box has been rebooted a number of times recently with updates but have not been able to access content on ntfs drives for a while.
Ntfs drives appear in mount manager but I can't do anything with them, all the details show as 'unknown' except for 'device /dev/sdb1'.
 
I've also seen this error in my work to get the NTFS driver to work in Build 41. Although I havent seen that error in a while I still cannot get my NTFS disk to be fully compatible with 41. Managed to get it to read and actually play a movie file once, but now I'm back at lockup with VIX logo spin. Here is the Possible Bug Report:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...-041-Media-Player-issues-with-NTFS-1T-USB-HDD
 
Sorry to bump up an old thread but is ntfs-3g now compatible with the latest ViX image?

Reason I ask is that I saw a thread a few weeks ago here where the advice was to install ntfs-3g.

I have to date, since the problems with it's compatibility been installing the kernel based ntfs package and then editing /etc/filesystem to add ntfs to the list within the file. This then allows me read-only access to the drive.

EDIT: I would check myself but my box is being used by the family to watch crap Christmas films.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top