Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue QUAD] OnDemand crash

BubbleBalls

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2012
Messages
770
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Ireland
Hi,

On build 669

Viewing ITV ondemand last night caused freeze - manual restart after about 8 mins. I then power cycled box router etc. After that ITV ondemand worked for 3 to 6 seconds then stopped. Used 3player for an hour with no issues.

Tonight I again tried ITV but this time box crashed - here's the log.

thanks guys.View attachment enigma2_crash_1370110905.log
 
Just seen an unstable update available - doing that now.


Tapatalker
 
ITV Player / OnDemand working fine here on my solo2 with ViX 673.
 
Hi,

ON GB Quad.

I have just updated Duo and all is working properly on that. Could it be just a quad issue? or just my Quad issue:).

Kernel 3.5.1 is current for Quad?

thanks
 
doubtful, try a fresh install of the image, plugin.
 
All working fine on :

Both my quads.. and 1 solo and 1 Duo and 1 Uno..

I would do a full reflash.. with no back ups and see how that goes..
 
Guys,

I'm getting a bit nervous here. Before pheonix and Mr Mister posted I uninstalled the ondemand plugin and restarted the box. It started fine but when I went into quickepg it froze. I left it frozen for ten mins then done a manual restart. It started OK again but the front LCD looked corrupt (horizontal lines with no menu etc). I restarted again but the LCD was still corrupt.

I then decided to use a backup image (658) but it has been stuck on "Reflash in progress" for maybe 20/30 mins now. It has never taken that long.

Anything I can do to see what the box is doing?
 
Yes: a serial log (S232 cable and a program like Putty); that way you see exactly what the box is (not) doing.
 
Ta,

Just googled that cable, thought I had one but no luck - can't find one. Still stuck on REFLASH IN PROGRESS - anything else I can do?
 
Easily an hour stuck at this stage. I have no cable, obviously telnet does not work. So any ideas?

Anybody ever manually restart in this situation?
 
Rather than trying to restore a backup try to flash a new image from fresh.

you can get the latest stable images from www.openvix.co.uk
 
Hi,

I have not experienced an issue like this before. With the front LCD screen corrupt and the TV deplaying the message "Reflash in progress" I had no idea what the box was doing (or as Rob said NOT doing) and I feared I would brick it if I powered down. I left it for three hours but still nothing, so I powered off and flashed from USB (666), then online updated this morning. Restored Timers and Autotimers and Everything back to normal.

My backups were on USB so there could also have been an issue with that stick.

Thanks guys
 
Hi,

I have not experienced an issue like this before. With the front LCD screen corrupt and the TV deplaying the message "Reflash in progress" I had no idea what the box was doing (or as Rob said NOT doing) and I feared I would brick it if I powered down. I left it for three hours but still nothing, so I powered off and flashed from USB (666), then online updated this morning. Restored Timers and Autotimers and Everything back to normal.

My backups were on USB so there could also have been an issue with that stick.

Thanks guys

The main thing is your back up and running and i agree it is a little terrifying when things like this happen as what can you do other than wait for a whle then bite the bullet and power it down, but thats the hobby i guess.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top