Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

ondemand plugin non-uk ip address change in dns

fintannl

Forum Supporter ,
Joined
Aug 26, 2010
Messages
723
Reaction score
0
Points
0
When I try to view bbc/itv content using ondemand I get an error messgae to say my ip is not uk based. This is correct. It suggests that I modify dns settings in odemand. Now I do have a paid account with dyndns for starters so this I can do. That said I see no option within ondemand to change settings and could someone guide me through how to do this. Thanks
 
This I just figured. Thanks. So now a matter of what to set it to using dyndns. Any ideas
 
Tiz a strange thing that I have one brother using Vodafone internet and on demand works perfectly on rte/tv3/BBC/ITV while other brother on eircom gets rte/tv3 but not BBC/ITV. Same image, same plugin, different internet provider. Could anyone supply solution. Thanks
 
I didn't think dyndns was for that purpose. It's not a proxy server AFAIK.
 
Can someone explain what the possible options are within plugin section. Thanks
 
Tiz a strange thing that I have one brother using Vodafone internet and on demand works perfectly on rte/tv3/BBC/ITV while other brother on eircom gets rte/tv3 but not BBC/ITV. Same image, same plugin, different internet provider. Could anyone supply solution. Thanks


probably because the Vodafone connection gets detected as in the uk where as the other one gets detected as ROI which is out side of the geographical area for the BBC / ITV plugins.
 
That's my assessment exactly. So any ideas how to solve other problem
 
Dyndns has got nothing to do with this situation..

You need to sign up to a smart DNS service like unblock-us.com or Unlocator.com to trick BBC/itv to think your IP is coming from the UK instead of the Irish IP address eircom assign you.

There used to be a free service called TUNLR but they have since shut up shop and I wasn't able to find another decent free service. You pretty much need to pay now to avail of this service or simply do without..

When you sign up you will then get two DNS addresses that you need to enter into the OnDemand settings and then you will be able to view the UK content.

I hope that explains it better...
 
I'm on Vodafone ISP in RoI. Don't get BBC or ITV Player from Vix Ondemand. Geo blocked. Strangely enough, I can get ITV Player from my Humax Freesat box on the same house network (but not BBC Player). Go figure :confused:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top