Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Open Webif port attack

  • Thread starter Thread starter nibor52
  • Start date Start date
N

nibor52

Guest
Hi Guys

Any help would be grateful with a problem I am having with Webif on my Technomate box , it started about a month ago when I was watching tv through my normal Sky HD Box I looked down and noticed my Technomate box was flicking through the channels without me doing anything and to cut a long story short I found out that a dozen people were accessing it over my WAN because I had opened ports 8001 and 8002 on my router so I could view channels over the Web. I shut the ports on the router and checked the logs on the firewall and port 8001 is getting probed by these people every few seconds and my router doesn't have the capabilities to allow MAC address access to ports so I can either allow all traffic or none. Would putting a root password on my box and streaming password on Webif stop other people streaming from my box or is there a way of changing the streaming port in Webif? As I said any help would be a great help. Just a quick bit of info , the box locks up constantly if I leave port 8001 open on the router and performs great if I close 8001 on the router , I even rebuilt the box with the latest version of Vix to see if it still locks up with port 8001 open and it does.

Many Thanks

Robin
 
Unfortunately yours is not a uncommon story, with more and more users opening ports to stream channels the increase in users looking for such receivers to take advantage of has risen astronomically. The best thing you can do is setup a VPN and route your receiver through that as enigma has no real security infrastructure to stop such access.




Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
 
Thanks Phoenix for your quick response , is there a guide to setting up VPN on Enigma 2

Many Thanks
 
Not sure my self as I don't use. my receivers to stream, but I am sure some one else will know and offer help when they see this thread.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top