Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[MB Premium Twin HD] OpenVix 3.2 install failure

birdman

Moderator
Joined
Sep 7, 2014
Messages
8,598
Reaction score
119
Points
63
Location
Hitchin, UK
I've downloaded the OpenVIX 3.2-003 image and flashed it.
The system rebooted and asked whether I wished to restore a backup. I said yes (at this point there was no distinction between settings and plugins). The system then rebooted.

It is now stuck in a loop with the front panel saying "Loading 49%". A small Vix logo spins occasionally in the top left. The "Loading, please wait" message has gone. Power off/on just gets it back to the same state (but without the occasional logo).

I'll have to re-flash back to Hades
 
Try to install it without restore backup and restore the backup after the install using backupmanager.
 
Did you check for any crash logs?
 
flashed 3.2 on my Xtrend 9200 without problems,after flashing reloaded the settings from backup,running super,Great work guys Thx:)
 
Try to install it without restore backup and restore the backup after the install using backupmanager.
The iinstall with no backup worked. There was a longish pause a "Loading 36%" and a much longer one at "Loading 49%", which then switched to the box being up (i.e. there was no "Loading" mentioned past 49%).
I then performed a restore of my previous settings. As far as I can tell this also tried to restore plugins (there as never an option to only do one part and not another).
The system then rebooted and got stuck at "Loading 49%" again.

It turns out that the box was up and on the network at the time, so I do have debug logs. They'll be along later once I've got the box back to a workable state.
 
Well, no. It never finished booting up....
It mightn't have finished booting up, that doesn't mean FTP & logging isn't working though. So worth a check.
The iinstall with no backup worked. There was a longish pause a "Loading 36%" and a much longer one at "Loading 49%", which then switched to the box being up (i.e. there was no "Loading" mentioned past 49%).
I then performed a restore of my previous settings. As far as I can tell this also tried to restore plugins (there as never an option to only do one part and not another).
The system then rebooted and got stuck at "Loading 49%" again.
Sounds like a HDD check is being run. Have you left it sitting in that state long enough for one to complete?
 
The iinstall with no backup worked.
Scrub that. It was only partly true.
It did work without a restore. Then I did a scan and rebooted. No restore of anything.
At that point it got stuck at "Loading 49%" again.

One thing I notice is that it was mounting the front USB stick (the one with the flash image) as /media/usb, rather then the "permanent" USB storage which is in one of the back-mounted USB slots. But nothing had been written to the USB stick by the system, so I can't see that this would matter.

Back to Hades again....
 
Scrub that. It was only partly true.
.....
Back to Hades again....
Scrub that as well. Although the screen just showed the OepnVIX backgroun image and teh FP showed "Loading 49%", the box was up and working. I had to go to the EPG and select a channel from there...
 
Scrub that as well. Although the screen just showed the OepnVIX backgroun image and teh FP showed "Loading 49%", the box was up and working. I had to go to the EPG and select a channel from there...
Hmmm...I might have found the problem?

When it was looping at startup the debug logs (it was restarting every 30s and opening a new one each time) they all finish with:
Code:
[SKIN] loading include: /etc/enigma2/skin_extra.xml
[FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/ViXBMC_1080_Common/fonts/Roboto-Regular.ttf<   200.263468> FATAL: [FONT] failed: No such file or directory
Killed
which is not surprising as that skin isn't present in the default image.
(And I can't get it at the moment as the feeds are updating...)

So it looks s though you can't do a settings restore if you have a non-default skin?? (Or perhaps this is just true for some non-default ones?).
 
Hmmm...I might have found the problem?
...
So it looks s though you can't do a settings restore if you have a non-default skin?? (Or perhaps this is just true for some non-default ones?).
Ah. Not so much the skin per se, but rather that in order to increase the font size of the description text I need to edit the skin file itself, as this is non-configurable. And the best way to do that such that it survives standard updates is to have a skin_extra.xml in /etc/enigma2 with the relevant edits (and a skin_user_ViXBMC_1080_Confluence.xml for changing the colour of a selected menu item). Probably not so common a set-up.

The feeds came back on-line shortly after post #11, so I've added the skin and all is now OK. I just need to add back the remaining plugins and config options (shoudl be trivial...)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top