Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno4KSE] OpenVix 5.4 Numerical text input not working

Hi Ev0,

Perfectly worded. Since you are such a great contributor I will leave you to work on fixing and improving Enigma2. Life is too short to put up with insults from people like you. From now on you can fix your own problems. Even after making all the changes you requested you can't stop the insults.

I will now focus on doing what I want for my own machine, to hell with being a contributor. It isn't worth it. Hope you enjoy learning programming because with your attitude you will be pissing of the very few coders left working on Enigma2. I can't wait for you to be treated in a similar way by a keyboard warrior who probably hasn't got the guts to say what you have said to anyone in person.

Bye,
Ian.

Sorry where did I insult YOU ?
 
Guys. Can I ask we take a big breather please. @EV0, Ian has done a lot of good stuff here and because one or two things got broke along the way there really is no need to insult like this. If Ian is given step by step instructions he will help fix issues for example @Dsayers given details and it soon got fixed.

ViX is all about improving and getting the best out of e2 and Ian shares that vision like many of us. I also understand the older generation not liking change, but we can’t stagnate we have to change, change is for the better imo. If e2 was to stay the same and no improvements were made, that would be boring and I’d lose interest.

@Ian, I love your hunger and desire to make e2 better so please don’t stop, you are very much appreciated even if some peeps don’t show it.

Lets draw a line under the insults and lets move on and help one another, life is too god damn short otherwise.

Thanks Guys.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Guys. Can I ask we take a big breather please. @EV0, Ian has done a lot of good stuff here and because one or two things got broke along the way there really is no need to insult like this. If Ian is given step by step instructions he will help fix issues for example @Dsayers given details and it soon got fixed.

Sorry I still don't see where I have insulted Ian ???

I have pointed out things that have been broken by changes he's made, and asked him to fix them.

On the other thread he had the instructions he needed to reproduce the problems (he even posted screenshots from the exact screens, so my instructions were obviously clear enough), but refused to fix the issue's as he liked his new system as in his opinion it was better.

There was another thread where I asked for the common interface to be fixed on Zero and front panel display skin as his changes caused GSOD with both of these, in the end I fixed the issue and committed the changes to OBH and issued a pull request to Vix, which was merged, then later he "refactored" the menu.xml and used an old file without the fixes and broke it all again, so I fixed it again and it was cherry picked back into Vix (I never mentioned it on here, as it wasn't worth the agro).

As said above, he has now fixed one of the biggest issue's and I thanked him for that, but he had all the info required to do that fix 2 months ago and I pointed out the problems it would cause when images were released if it wasn't fixed and only now he has fixed it because someone else (other than me) complained.

Again I don't see where I have insulted him ???

He has been the only person that has resulted to personal insults (not just me, but others in the past).

He doesn't like it when it's pointed out that he has broken something, he takes that as an attack (that is his problem not mine).

I have said elsewhere on here, that I don't have a problem with him or his work and it is appreciated, but not at the detriment to long established working functions of the image.

Ian has had a chip on his shoulder ever since the geolocation thread where I committed a change that made sense and avoided all the issue's that were being complained about to OBH and then that change was cherry picked into Vix.
 
Hi Andy,
Guys. Can I ask we take a big breather please. @EV0, Ian has done a lot of good stuff here and because one or two things got broke along the way there really is no need to insult like this. If Ian is given step by step instructions he will help fix issues for example @Dsayers given details and it soon got fixed.

ViX is all about improving and getting the best out of e2 and Ian shares that vision like many of us. I also understand the older generation not liking change, but we can’t stagnate we have to change, change is for the better imo. If e2 was to stay the same and no improvements were made, that would be boring and I’d lose interest.

@Ian, I love your hunger and desire to make e2 better so please don’t stop, you are very much appreciated even if some peeps don’t show it.

Lets draw a line under the insults and lets move on and help one another, life is too god damn short otherwise.

Thanks Guys.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To many ungrateful people who don't appreciate the amount of time and effort that went into the changes upon which I was working. It is a shame that you are now unlikely to see the finished product and the other things which I have been developing. While some understand that you need to break a few eggs to bake the cake others bitch and whine no matter what.

Thank you for your message but I am done. I aim to complete the work I promised for some of the other developers and that will be it for my public contributions to OpenViX.

Regards,
Ian.
 
@IanSav Please don’t let the word of one cause you to stop your work. I haven’t chimed in on this thread as I had nothing to contribute. However I truely appreciate the work you and the other developers do. You do it all for no payment and there are thousands of us who benefit from it. I understand how you must feel but if you quit we will all be poorer for it.

@Ev0 How about you give it a rest. You really have nothing new to add. Maybe you would be happier using another image.
 
@Ev0 How about you give it a rest. You really have nothing new to add. Maybe you would be happier using another image.

Yeh maybe, but Ian's changes don't just effect the vix image, they get merged into other oe-a images, hence when he breaks something that has worked perfectly well for 10 - 15 years, I ask for it to be fixed.
 
@IanSav Please don’t let the word of one cause you to stop your work. I haven’t chimed in on this thread as I had nothing to contribute. However I truely appreciate the work you and the other developers do. You do it all for no payment and there are thousands of us who benefit from it. I understand how you must feel but if you quit we will all be poorer for it.

@Ev0 How about you give it a rest. You really have nothing new to add. Maybe you would be happier using another image.

I reckon he uses BlackHole, not ViX.
 
Ev0 did not make any personal attacks to any one. He stated the changes were crap. Blocking a function that has worked and most people for well over 10 years and saying they need to develop new muscle memory is not ideal. Post 1&2 in one of the relevant thread were intros. Gist of post 3 by someone else was about SMS entry not working. 12 pages later, still same problem. EV0 made several posts in the thread detailing that server entry was no longer working. Instead of trying his method of entry, other people used another method of entry. He was given a modified version of JMX, a pull request was submitted to Kiddac, but Kiddac cannot add it as it will break his plugin in other images. The same error was in Xstreamity and any other plugin that uses the input method. There was even a dissection of what was happening, gist of it is in the commit text that fixes it.

Perhaps people should ask Admin for a copy of all the posts by Ev0 in relation to this matter before attacking him.
 
Ev0 did not make any personal attacks to any one. He stated the changes were crap. Blocking a function that has worked and most people for well over 10 years and saying they need to develop new muscle memory is not ideal. Post 1&2 in one of the relevant thread were intros. Gist of post 3 by someone else was about SMS entry not working. 12 pages later, still same problem. EV0 made several posts in the thread detailing that server entry was no longer working. Instead of trying his method of entry, other people used another method of entry. He was given a modified version of JMX, a pull request was submitted to Kiddac, but Kiddac cannot add it as it will break his plugin in other images. The same error was in Xstreamity and any other plugin that uses the input method. There was even a dissection of what was happening, gist of it is in the commit text that fixes it.

Perhaps people should ask Admin for a copy of all the posts by Ev0 in relation to this matter before attacking him.

if you mean me attacking Ev0, its not an attack. You can say something once but there is no need to bang on about it constantly and no need to keep on at one developer. Nobody wins out of this and now it looks like IanSav has had enough so a developer is lost.

If you want someone to fix something the easiest/best way is to just give them what they ask for. And is nothing happens a polite enquiry with an offer to provide more info if required will usually elicit a positive response. I did read all the posts and regardless of who is/was right or wrong Ev0 could have approached things in a less confrontational manner. Just my opinion.
 
I didn't realise you had access to the threads in the developer side of forum. Have we read the same posts to reach the different conclusions as to whether Ev0 provided the required information? Surely the statement about not using the Virtual keyboard further illustrates that the information was being provided to address the issue?
 
Haven't been contributing to ViX as much as I should have but to see Ian leave is a sad day, a bit like when Andy left.
Pushing the progress of our TV Box should never be held back by some old, closed source plugins.
Ian has done some brilliant work to use the box properly IMO.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top