Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno4K] OpenVix 5 Youtube Chromium not working

  • Thread starter Thread starter blacko
  • Start date Start date
B

blacko

Guest
Hi. Just flashed my Uno 4K to Vix 5 and tried to install Chromium from the plugins. I now have a youtubetv option under the menu but when I try and launch it I get a black screen for a few seconds and then it quits back to the vix menu. I am not sure chromium installed correctly as it seemed to take a while and there seemed to be some warnings flashed up. Can anyone help please?
 
Maybe this comment in the 5.0 release statement is relevant....

Some 3rd party plugins may not be currently compatible with OE-A 4.1x core, streaming plugins may require their respective author's to add dependencies for GST 1.xx.
 
Ok thanks. Will an updated version become available in the feeds/vix update or do I need to source manually?
 
I have the same problem with Chromium "Youtube TV"...vu+ uno 4k openvix 5
 
Hi,
enable debug log, restart receiver, try to start Youtube TV and post debug log here. Perhaps the reason is visible in the log.

ciao
 
Hi. As mentioned by ccs it think this is down to gstreamer 1.11.1 as other images using this version of gstreamer also seem to have to same issue. I guess we will need to wait for a new version of the plugins. I have made an image backup for now and reverted to 4.2.030 to get YT working again and will try again once there is an update.
 
Anyone know if any of the affected plugins have been updated yet?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried 5.0.08 and still not working.

Vu recommend using older version but thats not a long term solution as 4 no longer updated.

Will this ever get fixed?
 
Hi,
enable debug log, restart receiver, try to start Youtube TV and post debug log here. Perhaps the reason is visible in the log.
Any takers??
 
Installs fine by GUI and command line
Code:
vuuno4k login: root
root@vuuno4k:~# opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-chromium
Installing libudev1 (3.2) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/5.0/vuuno4k/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/libudev1_3.2-r0.1_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk.
Installing libxslt (1.1.29) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/5.0/vuuno4k/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/libxslt_1.1.29-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk.
Installing nspr (4.13.1) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/5.0/vuuno4k/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/nspr_4.13.1-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk.
Installing nss (3.17.3) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/5.0/vuuno4k/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/nss_3.17.3-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk.
Installing chromium-browser-vuuno4k (1.0) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/5.0/vuuno4k/vuuno4k/chromium-browser-vuuno4k_1.0-20170406_r0_vuuno4k.ipk.
Installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-chromium (1.0) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/5.0/vuuno4k/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/enigma2-plugin-extensions-chromium_1.0-20170324_r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk.
Configuring libudev1.
Configuring libxslt.
Configuring nspr.
Configuring nss.
Configuring chromium-browser-vuuno4k.
Configuring enigma2-plugin-extensions-chromium.
root@vuuno4k:~#
 
Apart from being unable to activate the virtual keyboard or use a USB keyboard, I was able to open bbc.co.uk on chromium browser. I then went on to Youtube, that worked on the first video I selected.
 
Log showed this
Code:
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /usr/local/chromium/lib/chromiumos_event.ko: File exists
 
Have a look at IPTV Player that has YouTube included and works fine
 
Thanks Abu I will give the latest build of v5 a test later. DSayers - I have looked at iptv player but want the familiar youtubetv version as its more family friendly.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Happy to report I upgraded to 5.0.013 the other night and it appears to work fine now. Thanks all.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top