Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno4KSE] OpenViX 6.6.007, Catch-22 problem with Wi-Fi driver (Realtek rtl88x2bu)

Digi-Uuno

New member
Joined
Oct 13, 2024
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Hello! OpenViX is a new experience for me and looks very good (compared to the rather messy VTi image that came pre-installed with my Vu+ Uno 4K SE). I decided to switch because the Wi-Fi support on VTi was flaky (the USB Wi-Fi adapter would be frozen after almost every startup, the only thing that helped was to pull it out and insert again).

Here's my USB Wi-Fi adapter (Vu+ brand, RTL8812BU chip, 801.11ac): https://www.*******.fi/en/vu-dual-band-wifi-usb3-0-1300mbps.html

But now I find myself in a perfect catch-22 situation: the OpenViX image doesn't have the required Realtek rtl88x2bu driver, so the Wi-Fi connection doesn't work, and to install the driver the only way seems to be to have an internet connection. I don't have a wired network connection available at home, so I guess I'll need to take the STB to the office to get this sorted out. No problem doing it once, but it would be a bit annoying to have to do it for every image update in the future.

The Realtek RTL8812BU chip has been on the market and used in USB Wi-Fi dongles for years. Would it be possible to include the rtl88x2bu driver in the next OpenViX image?

Cheers :)
 
A software update will not require a re-installation of the WiFi drivers. You only need to do if you flash using the remote or USB drive.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top