Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

OpenViX 6.8 Release discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
About my Sundtek problem; 2659:1401 Sundtek MediaTV Digital Home III (EU)
Today I tried to reinstall both OpenVix 6.8.009 version and OpenATV 6.8 version, same thing. When I restarted the device, the remote control stopped working on both sides. When I fixed something with the help of tekoalyn, now the cake works on the OpenVix side and the Sundtek became a K-tuner and the settings were fixed but the channel search does not find any channels. Similarly, on the OpenATV side, I had to completely remove the Sundtek stuff, so the remote control started working right away after reboot.

Something has changed somewhere, I assume the Sundtek stick or drivers because on my previous device the Gigablue Quad Plus worked perfectly with the Sundtek additional tuner.
 
About my Sundtek problem; 2659:1401 Sundtek MediaTV Digital Home III (EU)
Today I tried to reinstall both OpenVix 6.8.009 version and OpenATV 6.8 version, same thing. When I restarted the device, the remote control stopped working on both sides. When I fixed something with the help of tekoalyn, now the cake works on the OpenVix side and the Sundtek became a K-tuner and the settings were fixed but the channel search does not find any channels. Similarly, on the OpenATV side, I had to completely remove the Sundtek stuff, so the remote control started working right away after reboot.

Something has changed somewhere, I assume the Sundtek stick or drivers because on my previous device the Gigablue Quad Plus worked perfectly with the Sundtek additional tuner.
Think you will find that gigablue 4K receivers are the issue.
 
GB changed there drivers for 4K models so USB tuners do not work anymore.News enough on internet about the problem and even byers that returned the tuner or even box
 
Gigablue broke a lot of stuff with that 2018 update. Including the ability of my box (gbue4k) to reliably sync its HDMI signal with my Panasonic TV!
The picture would become all stuttery like it was dropping random frames, when playing recordings. And the colours would be all weird after a reboot. And various other annoyances.
The stuttering could be cured by pausing and unpausing. Or even by not touching the box at all but just changing the TV to another input and then back again so it re-syncs. But too annoying to put up with. There was a long thread on the German TeamBlue forum about it at the time. Impex didn't seem to care.

Just before I consigned the box to the bin, I looked to see what had changed and I managed to reverse engineer the old drivers back in.
Believe it or not, ever since then, when I reflash my box I copy a bunch of driver files from an old 2018 version into the current image using WinSCP (with the box running, it doesn't notice). Then reboot.
This actually cures the current image of its incompatibility with my TV. It also fixes OpenATV, TeamBlue and PureE2 (not tried others).

Note that whenever I report an issue with the current Vix image I ALWAYS flash a clean one to another slot just to ensure it's not just caused by the above hacks!

I have no idea how similar the new GB boxes are though. My hack did also work on the old gbquad4k because a forum member (here I think) tried it when I gave him the files.

Not much help I know, but I thought you might find it entertaining the lengths I go to, so as to not have to chuck this box in the bin!
 
If anyone with a Sundtek tuner and that affected settopbox can give us remote access I can have a look
 
Is it me, after each upgrade recently and with 6.8.009 I notice SAMBA and NFS are disabled which I run into immediately when PC access is tried.

I thought they used to remain enabled, so maybe it is me or a security feature?

Thank you, in advance.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top