Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] opkg system withdrawal

chrcoluk

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2014
Messages
164
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
UK
I couldnt find a section for discussion of the direction of the project (maybe the disucssion is not welcomed?).

But here is my proposal. As I do think withdrawing the opkg /plugin download system for everyone except those who are prepared to always risk using the latest cutting edge version is harsh.

I am willing to host all the packages for the older versions for free and for as long as I breath. I dont know the reason for pulling the packages, but if its financial, then my offer should cancel out that problem.

Then all needs to be done is on the last build of each old branch adjust the package repo to point to my server.

Thoughts?

The reason for this thread, is I had to update my perfectly working fine box from 3.2 to 4.2 so I could download a single package from opkg, and 4.2 was not stable so I had to revert back, thankfully I only needed the package temporarily.
 
Latest ViX image on my Vu+ Solo2 works just fine here also with Mgcamd 1.38 installed and on numerous family and friends Vu+ Solo2's too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Andy the guys problem is with watching and recording in webif whilst the box is in standby, is there any chance you can try this, i only run oscam now a days.
 
Thanks for the response, good to hear there is a reasonable explanation for it, my offer still stands tho if its deemed ok.

I understand you cannot support several old versions, and a balance should be struck, so if someone else hosts the packages and end users accept official support is only on the latest branch maybe thats a workable balance.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top