Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] oscam ymod

  • Thread starter Thread starter liveaboard
  • Start date Start date
L

liveaboard

Guest
After re-flashing with the latest image, I can't seem to get oscam ymod to install.
I tried via USB, and ftp into local extensions.
the execution panel shows errors and it's not installed.

I receive zero channels now.

Setting restore will not work, the previous image was hades from 2014 or thereabouts; it woudn't update [system would crash instead], so that's why there's been such a gap between updates.

I have tried other versions of oscam [oscam, oscam-emu, oscam-latest] but they don't seem to do what I need doing.

I'm not very good at this stuff. Can anyone help?

I don't want to go back to the old version, it had glitches.

I live in southern Portugal.
 
use latest oscam from plugins and setup from there.

hades is years old has moved on since then. I don't think your backup would work with latest image, as at some point you need to need to flash from new.

the duo is getting on now.
 
John, as I said I already tried oscam, oscam-emu, and oscam latest.

It could be that they would do what I wanted if I knew how to set them up, but I don't.
And I've been trying for 2 days.
The situation being what it is, I can't ask for that information, and if anyone knows it they can't tell me on this forum.

In the past, detailed instructions that could be followed by a nitwit like myself were made public, utilizing oscam ymod.

So at the moment, the only thing I can think of is to do it how I did before, and that requires ymod.
I think.

Since the astra footprint was tightened to exclude the area where I live, the satellite dish and box have been of limited use. I won't replace it if it stops functioning.

We mostly use it as a networked video player now; it can still do that.
 
Hi,
did you copy your settings into the correct directory /etc/tuxbox/config?

ciao
 
I've been googling it for 2 days; all I get is confused. A snipet here, a snipet there. Jargon I don't understand.

I copied settings all over the place, including etc/tuxbox/config; that worked with oscam vmod but does not seem to work with the 3 other versions of oscam I've tried.

On another forum, someone said that oscam-emu will do the job, but I guess it needs different settings because I tried and tried to get it running again.

I've run out of time for it now; if I get any decent tips I'll try again, otherwise the box is now a video file player.
We hardly get any channels down here anyway.
 
Thanks, I was there already. I downloaded the attached settings, but they seem to contain blank fields that need to be filled in.
Filled in with what, I have no idea. I swapped in files I used before, no luck. I reboot, start oscam, reboot, nada.
 
Ok, I did it now, using the files in the link above. I only added my old key file.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top