Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET8x00] Packages missing on image build (et8000)

birdman

Moderator
Joined
Sep 7, 2014
Messages
8,597
Reaction score
117
Points
63
Location
Hitchin, UK
What type of support thread are you creating?
Support question
What OpenViX Image build number are you using?
6.8.002.001
Have you tried re-flashing WITHOUT settings restore?
NO
Have you tried re-flashing WITH a settings restore?
NO
I'm building my own image for the et8000.

When I do so I notice that the et8000_3rdparty directory is no longer there under tmp/deploy/ipk/ when the build finishes. Likewise, the et8000_3rdparty-feed.con file is missing under /etc/opkg.

The same is true for the 3rdparty locations and conf file.

This is for 6.8.002.001.
This is also true on the standard/official build, and it was also true on whatever was around on Nov 7 (so a 6.8.001.00x release).

However, these 3rdparty locations were present in a build I did on Oct 5th (which might have a 6.8.000-beta release, but I think it was actually the first non-beta release).

The only entry in et8000_3rdparty is enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-autorebootET8000_1.4_mipsel.ipk and this is built by the meta-oe-alliance/meta-oe/recipes-oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/enigma2-3rdparty-plugins.bb file. If I look at the log from a full build, this recipe file is never mentioned.

Does anyone know what is going on? Why are the 3rdparty parts no longer built?
 
Does anyone know what is going on? Why are the 3rdparty parts no longer built?
Yes, I deleted 3rdparty feeds from the entire OE-Alliance build in October.


There are 7 plugins in 3rdparty, 5 of which are superfluous. ipchecker (already built in to OpenViX), netspeedtest (redundant, there is a better plugin in the feeds), screengrabber (WebIf has this feature built in), sundtekcontrolcenter (needed for the stick). etc.

It is ludicrous that we were building and hosting "3rdparty" and "machine_3rdparty" feeds for 60 machines (and that is just OpenViX) just for the sake of a handful of redundant plugins.

With the current build you get one central feed for all distros. From "/etc/opkg/oe-alliance-3rdparty-feed.conf" which downloads the packages directly from the github source.

That collects "Packages.gz from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/oe-alliance/3rdparty-feed/gh-pages/

enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-autorebootET8000 is listed in Packages.gz.

Code:
Package: enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-autorebootET8000
Version: 1.4
Description: auto reboot box ET8000
Section: base
Priority: optional
Maintainer: original-birdman
Architecture: mipsel
Homepage: https://github.com/original-birdman/autorebootET8000
Depends: update-rc.d
Filename: enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-autorebootet8000_1.4_mipsel.ipk
Size: 3532
MD5Sum: af4e069af5d1996e6d04dcac1491e922
 
Last edited:
Just occurred to me that the reason I was querying this is that the autoreboot plugin didn't show up in "opkg list".
The reason for that is that I have no oe-alliance-3rdparty-feed.conf file in /etc/opkg/ on my system,
And the reason for that is that I haven't flashed an image since the first 6.8.000.xxx.

It is in the image (I checked that) so I'll copy it over and try again....
....that seems to work.
Although I do see that the arch.conf file (which opkg does open - to get priorities?) still mentions
arch 3rdparty 41
arch et8000_3rdparty 46
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top