Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Password Protect WebIf Page

  • Thread starter Thread starter mrjrobinson
  • Start date Start date
M

mrjrobinson

Guest
Is there a way to Password Protect the WebIf webpage thats used with the VU+ Duo Box? At the moment when I enter my IP/DynDns address it takes me straight to the webpage, and I dont want people accessing it lol!! :)
 
You don't really need a password as the webif uses a port you are unlikely to open through your router.

If you do want to set up a password it is easy with OScam, and I assume not difficult with CCcam.
 
Is there a way to Password Protect the WebIf webpage thats used with the VU+ Duo Box? At the moment when I enter my IP/DynDns address it takes me straight to the webpage, and I dont want people accessing it lol!! :)
Menu -> plugins -> select openwebif, turn on http authentication and https authentication.
 
Cheers for that jukkal. Next question whats the username and password. I have tried root and the word blank, root and left it empty, root and password.... Any other suggestions???
 
Cheers for that jukkal. Next question whats the username and password. I have tried root and the word blank, root and left it empty, root and password.... Any other suggestions???
Nobody here knows what users and passwords are defined in your box..
but the default after a fresh flash with no settings restore is that there is only user root with no password, that is root for user and nothing in password. Telnet in as root and add the user(s) you want with useradd and give passwords with
passwd <username>
where <username> is a login name you added with useradd.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top