Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Permanent TimeShift.

This feature is absolutely tremendous, and seems to work flawlessly. Honestly have to say I'm very veRY VERY impressed.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

and i'm not finished yet with PTS, this is just stage one, there more stuff to come.
 
This feature is absolutely tremendous, and seems to work flawlessly. Honestly have to say I'm very veRY VERY impressed.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

And this is why in my opinion the ViX image can not be rivaled for user friendliness.

Half of the features andy creates he does not even use, he makes them for the users who ask for them, No other team has this level of Developer / user interaction.
 
Getting an error when selecting timeshift saving record on 656

"The file system on your timeshift device does not support hard links. Make sure it is formatted in ext2 or ext3"

Mounts shows the hard drive is ext4


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PTS is undergoing some major updates, make a full image backup of your current setup and try updating to 658 and see if your problem is resolved in that image.
 
Getting an error when selecting timeshift saving record on 656

"The file system on your timeshift device does not support hard links. Make sure it is formatted in ext2 or ext3"

Mounts shows the hard drive is ext4


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timeshift saving is currently being worked on, a beta will be in build 660, so bare with me, build 660 timeshift has had a major recode, now Standard TimeShift and Permanent TimeShift have the same features, the only difference is that standard time timeshift is started via pause like always, but it can now save events, jump previous events, has a full seekbar, etc just like permanent timeshift.

andy.
 

Attachments

  • pts-save.webp
    pts-save.webp
    68.7 KB · Views: 93
  • pts-infobar.webp
    pts-infobar.webp
    81.1 KB · Views: 86
Hello.

I didn't even know standard timeshift existed! I am having the same problem as Danivtec on PTS and STS is also crashing on me.

On STS i pause it and then the time seems to be increasing (not sure why?) and as soon as I try to rewing (or even go play again) the VIX icon starts spinning in the top left hand corner and the box has crashed. I have to turn the power off to get it working again.

I have build 653 installed.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Perform an online update and see if you have same issue. You wont have to reinstall anything.
 
Hello.

I have used the built in updater to get all the latest updates. I am now on build 658.

The PTS error still remains (might not be exact wording/missing something:

"Creating hardlink to timeshift file failed! The filesystem on your timeshift device does not support hard links". (Errno1)

On a positive note, STS (pause) does not crash anymore and a few other good things have been implemented :-)
 
I have used the built in updater to get all the latest updates. I am now on build 658.
The PTS error still remains (might not be exact wording/missing something:
"Creating hardlink to timeshift file failed! The filesystem on your timeshift device does not support hard links". (Errno1)
On a positive note, STS (pause) does not crash anymore and a few other good things have been implemented :-)
Build 659 is now online.
The error you get indicates a problem with your storage device. Where is timeshift set to? How does that location show in the mountmanager? What filesystem does it have?
 
Thanks for your input, Rob.

The timeshift is set to HDD/Media

MM shows the hard drive as EXT4. I am very puzzled and would be very grateful if you could help me resolve this. Thanks again.
 
mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
ubi0:rootfs on / type ubifs (rw,sync,relatime)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=285772k,nr_inodes=71443,mode=755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /media type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=64k)
/dev/sda1 on /media/hdd type ext4 (rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered)
tmpfs on /var/volatile type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw,relatime)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Telnet into the box.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I am using filezilla and am into the box (using root as the username). Can you give specific instructions please?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top