Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Permanent TimeShift.

I am currently using build 662 and yes, I have tried the above suggestion bro.
 
I'd start with an online update to 664.
Where are you saving timeshift to? and was that drive initialised by the box?
 
Ok, I've just upgraded to 664.

Timeshift is saving to /media/HDD by default. The hard drive has been initialised.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
can you try a fresh flash from openvix.co.uk, don't restore any settings & then do an online update to 664.
Then let us know if it's still happening.
 
Will my saved recordings etc be deleted? Is there any way I can save them?
 
No, all recordings will be fine.
You might want to back-up your channel listings, use an app like dreambox edit to save them to a pc.
You might also need to back up any cams in /usr/softcams/ & their config files.
 
No, all recordings will be fine.
You might want to back-up your channel listings, use an app like dreambox edit to save them to a pc.
You might also need to back up any cams in /usr/softcams/ & their config files.

OK, will do, thanks.

I will download ABM afterwards so that's OK. The rest, I have already saved from previous flash. I just wondered whether I should wait a few days until a newer version comes out on OPENVIX as this one is from May 03 or should I go ahead with this one?
 
Personally, I'd go with 658, currently latest build available on http://openvix.co.uk & then do an online update.
The image also comes with a built in ABM, so you should be up & running in no time again.
 
Working ok now.

Couple of observations.

1. When selecting time shift save recording stop after event, the time shift is saved, however say the programme stops at 10.00, a 5 minute file is recorded afterwards and 2 files are created, the saved time shift and the 5 minute recording. The saved time shift does however include the 5 minutes over run. Is there anyway of allowing it to over run the 5 minutes but not creating the separate 5 minute file?

2. The time shift save is showing the incorrect time run of a saved programme when in the recorded programmes screen. For instance saved the time shift of top gear which was about 52 minutes long but the file info shows the time run as only a minute long but the seekbar shows correct time length?

Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the way it works is as follows,

when you select save stop after event, it wil create 2 files. 1 the timeshift file upto the current point, file 2 a NEW recording for the remainder of the event, AFTER the event record has finished it will MERGE the 2 files together to give you the full recoding in one file, DO NOT DELETE either file, it will do it's stuff when the event has finished. just be patient.
 
Does it delete the 5 minute file automatically after joining to the time shift?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
the way it works is as follows,

when you select save stop after event, it wil create 2 files. 1 the timeshift file upto the current point, file 2 a NEW recording for the remainder of the event, AFTER the event record has finished it will MERGE the 2 files together to give you the full recoding in one file, DO NOT DELETE either file, it will do it's stuff when the event has finished. just be patient.

I noticed eventually my 2 files have merged, but the duration time still shows 0.00, and when you play the said recording the displayed time goes to an exaggerated 1435mins. And the fast forward buttons like 3, 6, 9 on remote don't work. They take it back to the beginning of recording.

Any ideas?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
I noticed eventually my 2 files have merged, but the duration time still shows 0.00, and when you play the said recording the displayed time goes to an exaggerated 1435mins. And the fast forward buttons like 3, 6, 9 on remote don't work. They take it back to the beginning of recording.

Any ideas?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I second this although I did not try the 3,6,9 buttons. Also had a spin of death while trying to navigate through the file, ( vix logo spinning). I had to restrart with init 4 and then init 3. Debug logs ref 1368463821 sent, hope they are the right ones.
 
I noticed eventually my 2 files have merged, but the duration time still shows 0.00, and when you play the said recording the displayed time goes to an exaggerated 1435mins. And the fast forward buttons like 3, 6, 9 on remote don't work. They take it back to the beginning of recording.

Any ideas?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

are you sure the merge had finished ?, it is slow.
 
What do you class as slow as I waited about ten to fifteen minutes. The 2 files had gone to one after a few minutes and I left it for a good while after that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
What do you class as slow as I waited about ten to fifteen minutes. The 2 files had gone to one after a few minutes and I left it for a good while after that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

next time ftp into the movie folder, and check for files changing, after the 2 files merges it then re-creates the index files, so you can using skip functions, as for how long depends on the length of the recording and if HDD or USB, etc.
 
next time ftp into the movie folder, and check for files changing, after the 2 files merges it then re-creates the index files, so you can using skip functions, as for how long depends on the length of the recording and if HDD or USB, etc.

Ok just done another short timeshift recording of about 15 minutes. Same problem exists regarding duration length and fast forward buttons. I've ftp'd to box and and checked movie folder and it looks like everything is finished regarding the merging process, and it has been half an hour since. so I'm afraid at my end at least there is still a small problem.

Thanks in advance for your help Andy.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top