Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Permanent TimeShift.

I noticed eventually my 2 files have merged, but the duration time still shows 0.00, and when you play the said recording the displayed time goes to an exaggerated 1435mins. And the fast forward buttons like 3, 6, 9 on remote don't work. They take it back to the beginning of recording.

Any ideas?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I second this although I did not try the 3,6,9 buttons. Also had a spin of death while trying to navigate through the file, ( vix logo spinning). I had to restrart with init 4 and then init 3. Debug logs ref 1368463821 sent, hope they are the right ones.

I reflashed my troubled box with build 665 again and timeshift recording is now working perfect from what I can see.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
Hi all,

I have updated to latest build (665) from openvix.co.uk and I have managed to sort out the 'hardlink failed' error message, thankfully.

I have a couple of issues with recorded programs/films (have tried searching forum) which I would be grateful for help with:

I just a couple of issues with recorded stuff.

1. When I play a recording from the beginning it stutters until i press forward and go a few seconds into it, then its fine. Do anyone know why and if I can resolve this?

2. Sky Movies recorded content seems to have a bit of a stuttering/picture breaking problem for some reason (some recordings, not all). I find this very strange. Any ideas?


Thanks very much for your continued assistance!
 
from build 667, for timeshift to start automatically (aka PTS), you will need to re-activate it in settings.
the enable and delay time is now one setting.
no longer calling it PTS, as all timeshift's have same features, just a matter of auto starting on channel change
 
think this is pts related??

When I rewind a live program, no matter what speed I choose, when I press play it never plays from when I press play, it can be a few minutes out or even 10 mins out?

any ideas please :)
 
as there is no index references as the file is ever growing, try pressing >> (fast foraward) to exit rewind, it may help, i think this a driver issue, so it may effect different boxes differently.
 
just like to say thank you andy for fixing the subs when pts is used as before had to switch off and on again when rewound back or stopped.
thanks for making an already brilliant image unbelievably better!
 
While in pts if I press the left or right arrow it no longer gives a list of previous channels. Which buttons do I press to access this function now ? Pressing the left centre or right centre button gives a please wait while gathering data before displaying the now and next epg ,it used to be instantaneous
 
While in pts if I press the left or right arrow it no longer gives a list of previous channels.
Interesting. Whilst in PTS if I press < it causes PTS to rewind further back at 8x speed. Pressing > once takes you to the start of the PTS. Pressing it again takes you to the end of PTS, and pressing a third time then brings up the previous channel list. This appears to be similar behaviour you get when watching a recorded program.

ViX 3 build 668 on VU+ Ultimo.
 
Last edited:
I have no idea if it helps, but I have been seeing similar "please wait while gathering data..." in white text in the centre of screen for about 1 second for the last number of images on any skin I try when selecting Graphic EPG. I originally thought this behaviour was skin related? At least part of your symptom is not just related to PTS?

ViX 3 from build 665 and a couple before as I recall on VU+ Solo 2
 
Last edited:
While in pts if I press the left or right arrow it no longer gives a list of previous channels. Which buttons do I press to access this function now ? Pressing the left centre or right centre button gives a please wait while gathering data before displaying the now and next epg ,it used to be instantaneous
update pressing the left/right centre button whether in pts or not I get the delay and error message

PTS does not start automatically I have to press the pause button
vu+duo build 668
 
update pressing the left/right centre button whether in pts or not I get the delay and error message

PTS does not start automatically I have to press the pause button
vu+duo build 668

You have to turn on pts in the timeshift settings ie set the start delay
 
You have to turn on pts in the timeshift settings ie set the start delay

Of course I have been using timeshift for many years and know how to set it but it did not start until i pressed pause
 
The settings have changed with the recent merge of timeshift & pts - it needs to be enabled again. It works perfectly with my uno
 
While in pts if I press the left or right arrow it no longer gives a list of previous channels. Which buttons do I press to access this function now ? Pressing the left centre or right centre button gives a please wait while gathering data before displaying the now and next epg ,it used to be instantaneous

pressing left/right in or out of timeshift open's InfobarEPG. if you want history list press < or > OUT OF TIMESHIFT as pressing < or > whilst in timeshift jumps 'timeshifted' events. ie lets say you are in timeshift and have been on the same channel for several hours and several event's have been on the channel, pressing < will jump back through the events that have been previously on the channel, pressing > jumps forward through the events, until it reaches the current event, then the last press of > will exit to live TV.

hope the is explains things a little.
 
Still some SD channels from Eurobird 9E are not working Vix Image Permanent Timeshift. Channels are "Asianet, Asianet Plus, Divine, Manorama etc." PLI's Permanent Timeshift (1.3g) is working well.
 
'DIVINE TV' and 'Manorama News' are the only ones I can receive. I confirm that PTS doesn' work. I think the bit rate is too low (same problem as for recording radio).
But the good news is: using the pause button timeshift works fine.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top