Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Permanent TimeShift.

Hope I dont get flamed.......I must reiterate that PTS was working perfectly for me on my Twin prior to just before 30/03/2013. Pretty sure it was fine as far as build 627.

When the maximum time was reached you would get a prompt but it wouldn't crash.

Is it possible to revert PTS to the older version for anyone wishing to do so?

please send me a crash log, i will take a look.
 
Firstly, many thanks to Andy and other developers for the outstanding work that they have done.

Are there plans at some stage to change the system of clearing the timeshift each time that you change channel?
(perhaps by starting a new timeshift file with each zap and deleting the oldest only when total time in the buffer exceeds X)
 
Firstly, many thanks to Andy and other developers for the outstanding work that they have done.

Are there plans at some stage to change the system of clearing the timeshift each time that you change channel?
(perhaps by starting a new timeshift file with each zap and deleting the oldest only when total time in the buffer exceeds X)

not currently as there is no control over how much space is allocated for TS, but tbh i can't see why you would want to keep old TS files, as there is already an option to save them. if required.
 
Although unrelated to the previous issue, (3 hours on 1 channel is hard to do). Will do if/when I get the error owing to maximum length being reached.

A crash occured on build 684, key map in timeshift.py Log reference 1372202296.47
 
not currently as there is no control over how much space is allocated for TS, but tbh i can't see why you would want to keep old TS files, as there is already an option to save them. if required.

Thanks,
Its not a biggie but every now and again, my wife loses the timeshift by pressing 4 or 7 to go back when not in timeshift mode.
(which obviously changes to channel 4 or 7 and clears the timeshift that she was hoping to view)
I'm sure that she will learn sooner or later but not clearing immediately would make it more foolproof for newbies,
Daithí
 
Got a strange thing going on with timeshift here, if I activate timeshift, when the programme ends it starts playing it from the beginning again!
 
Hi, It is a Buffalo Linkstation, XFS formatted, and mounted on the Ultimo with CIFS, so I don't think the Ultimo "sees" the physical format of the NAS.
I'm sure it is in use and spinning. Timeshift works as expected just have to press OK on the error.
 
Will grab one and put it here, where is this located?

logs are by default located in /home/root/logs but you will first need to activate debug logs and reboot the box for the loggin process to start.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
Hi, using 3.0.733 on a recently purchased duo2. PTS is configured to save on /usb ; USB stick is formatted in ext4 ( was used in my previous ultimo ).
Everytime I zap, I get an error message " permanent hardlink error, please ensure drive is ext2 or ext3 formatted "
However, discarding the message and going backwards proves me PTS actually works...
 
Hi, my missus has exactly the same problem, it drives her mad! Anything in progress to recover a lost timeshift?
 
I posted a thread in the forum for this issue but haven't had a reply so thought I would try here :)

I'm having a really frustrating issue with PTS. I have a VU+ Duo using Vix v3.0 (build 742).

I have enabled PTS by setting timeshift to automatically start after 2 seconds. When I press the <Rewind> button it works fine but then when I press <Play> it jumps back to live TV rather than playing from the point that I have rewound to.

I have only recently updated the VIX image after a seperate issue and reflash. It used to work completely fine for me.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Is anyone able to explain or help with this?

Thanks
 
I posted a thread in the forum for this issue but haven't had a reply so thought I would try here :)
This is not a good idea; the question was on the correct spot and no answer usually means that nobody has an answer.
Anyway: don't double post and certainly don't post issues in a general thread. In the end this will only lead to this thread needing to be closed :confused:
 
This is not a good idea; the question was on the correct spot and no answer usually means that nobody has an answer.
Anyway: don't double post and certainly don't post issues in a general thread. In the end this will only lead to this thread needing to be closed :confused:

So my question about Permanent Timeshift doesn't belong in the Permanent Timeshift sticky thread (which i'd originally over-looked)?

I find your post a bit pedantic to be honest, a simple, 'sorry mate, can't help...' would have sufficed.

Any way I can roll-back to a previous version of Vix?

Cheers.
 
English is not Robs first language so post msystem appear pedantic but that is not his intention st least imho.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
 
Redbrownie, I see you are new around here but if you had read a few threads you would see Rob is one of the most helpful people on this forum. Your criticism of him is unwarranted IMHO.....
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top