B
Brian you need to look at adding some SVG picons.
How big is your TV screen Brian! The differences between those picons would be difficult to spot on a 1080 tv screen at usual viewing distance. Or maybe, it's my old eyesight...![]()
How big is your TV screen Brian! The differences between those picons would be difficult to spot on a 1080 tv screen at usual viewing distance. Or maybe, it's my old eyesight...![]()
Yes. That's a good* idea. Spend months recrafting all the icons that are only available in PNG as custom built SVG files rather than fixing a coding bug.
*or do I mean bad
The picons on the feeds are built from SVG.
That's what I thought, I can't see any difference at all.
You don't sit near your computer so you can read the text on it's screen?
That's daft.
........Stop trying to cancel by bugs.
The picon sets are built to PNG but no reason why you couldn't use the SVGs directly.What picons on the feeds?
How do I get them?
When you say built from SVG are you actually saying they consist entirely of SVG files?
Or are you just pointlessly pointing out that the picons PNG files were, or may have been from converted SVG files?
You need to exlain what you're actually trying to say, badly scaling a PNG that came from an SVG file messes it up just as much (or worse) than scaling a PNG that was made as a PNG.
The picon sets are built to PNG but no reason why you couldn't use the SVGs directly.
https://github.com/picons/
At present, I'm fixing this by using this modified version of /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools/LoadPixmap.py
on my box.Code:my file: https://github.com/BrianG61UK/enigma2/blob/PixmapCaching/lib/python/Tools/LoadPixmap.py compared: https://github.com/BrianG61UK/enigma2/commit/4b654b2d665c0871806c6e263f09f0db60025ff8
No it's all this code written with comments that mostly just explain what the following (not at all difficult to understand) line of code does rather than explaining how everything is supposed to work together or what and when a function is intended to be used for.If I had to guess I would say this is maybe a HiSi bug.
As far as I can see the command line tools to automate converting from the available SVGs of the logos into SVGs with correctly set viewports to make them display correctly in OpenViX simply don't exist and doing it manually actually produces a worse result than what have now, at least if you do in the most obvious way.Brian you need to look at adding some SVG picons.