Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Picons: Cannot get them to work

fast65

New member
Joined
Jan 15, 2013
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Love this skin I have loaded it on to my LX3 & Mutant and it looks Awesome with the new 400x240 HD cable picon's thanks rossi :thumbsup::D

View attachment 39448

Hi M8 I love this skin as well, in fact I love all the HD skins that Rossi has done. Great work. I have tried to get picons working but without success. I have downloaded file from Vix feeds/unzipped and put into picon folder on HDD, and rebooted but can't get them to work. Where am I going wrong. Help much appreciated
 
Hi I have a picons folder on HDD which just has the picons in it. I extracted the zip file and then inside that it says Ocram HD transparent etc. Then when opening that it says picon which I opened and then copied the contents to the picon folder on HDD. I have a feeling I have made a bit of a horlicks of it. Should I have just put the whole lot in there??

thanks
 
Folder should be called "picon". A picture paints a million words. Can you post a screenshot of your layout please so we can get you up and running.

[STRIKE](P.S I'll move posts to new thread later)[/STRIKE]
Posts moved from other thread.
 
Last edited:
Folder should be called "picon". A picture paints a million words. Can you post a screenshot of your layout please so we can get you up and running.

[STRIKE](P.S I'll move posts to new thread later)[/STRIKE]
Posts moved from other thread.

abu,
thanks m8. Took the ''s'' off the end and now works

regards
 
Just a word of advice - unless you are running permanent timeshift the HDD is not the ideal place for picons. They should be on the box flash or on a USB stick if you don't have sufficient flash memory. If you have them on HDD it will have to spin up to retrieve picons when you change channel. If the disk is asleep it can take a second or two (or more) to spin up, thus causing a lag. However, if you are running timeshift all the time, the effect might not be too noticeable.
 
Just a word of advice - unless you are running permanent timeshift the HDD is not the ideal place for picons. They should be on the box flash or on a USB stick if you don't have sufficient flash memory. If you have them on HDD it will have to spin up to retrieve picons when you change channel. If the disk is asleep it can take a second or two (or more) to spin up, thus causing a lag. However, if you are running timeshift all the time, the effect might not be too noticeable.

Indeed, storing picons on a HDD can easily add upto 5 seconds to the normal channel zap time.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top