Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

ViX Team Vu+ Duo Image v2.3 - 19/11/2011

Having a few issues setting up the EPG.

I can't seem to get it so when I hold the blue button and go onto CrossEPG, it reads all my channels, gets the titles and descriptions and saves them for 7 days.

EPG -> Settings
Location: /media/hdd
Filename: epg
Auto refresh: no
Auto save: no
Show EIT now/next in infobar: yes
Enable EIT: yes
Enable MHW: yes
Enable freesat: yes
Enable ViaSat: yes
Enable Netmed: yes

Then in EPG -> CrossEPG -> Configure:
Enable csv import: no
Force epg reload in boot: no
Download on tune: yes
Scheduled download: disabled
Show as plugin: yes
Show as extension: yes
Show 'Force reload' as plugin: yes

I used to have Sky UK, IT, DE, Viasat, DigiTurk etc.

:confused:
 
Having a few issues setting up the EPG.

I can't seem to get it so when I hold the blue button and go onto CrossEPG, it reads all my channels, gets the titles and descriptions and saves them for 7 days.

EPG -> Settings
Location: /media/hdd
Filename: epg
Auto refresh: no
Auto save: no
Show EIT now/next in infobar: yes
Enable EIT: yes
Enable MHW: yes
Enable freesat: yes
Enable ViaSat: yes
Enable Netmed: yes

Then in EPG -> CrossEPG -> Configure:
Enable csv import: no
Force epg reload in boot: no
Download on tune: yes
Scheduled download: disabled
Show as plugin: yes
Show as extension: yes
Show 'Force reload' as plugin: yes

I used to have Sky UK, IT, DE, Viasat, DigiTurk etc.

:confused:

have you setup your sources in CrossEPG settings ?
 
any1 get osd correctly fittin ...1080 on a 50 inch widescreen panny ? cause it deffo dosnt fit properley.

You are not alone. I prefer to use 1080i, but my 46" Sony Bravia requires a left shift of '40' and this reduces the maximum width to 680 (720 - 40). This leaves the OSD with insufficient width on the right side. When I use 720p this is not a problem. This is not caused by the TV being set to 'overscan'. In the Sony Bravia case, the options for the TV are 'Full', '-1' and '-2'. The 'Full' option is normal and the other two are different degrees of overscan. Naturally, the problem is even worse if I select '-1' or '-2'.

Andy Blackburn has explained that this (720 - shift) width issue is caused by the current drivers.
no, the OSD is hardcoded by drivers to 720.
Based on this advice, it is a VU+ issue rather than a Vix issue. But I agree that it definately is a problem for many TVs (I imagine if their driver was based on 1080 width and then scaled this back when set to 720p, then the result might be closer to correct in more instances.)

Anyway, I'm sticking with 1080i and just tolerating the fact that the OSD doesn't cover the full screen (rather than dropping the resolution back to 720p). There is definately a problem but it is not really a show stopper and apparently it's not a Vix problem (I haven't been tempted to try other images to confirm that this is a general VU+ issue).

cheers & Merry Christmas
 
Last edited:
I spoke to Mr Mister on the phone, very helpful and walked me through it. I hadn't enabled certain CrossEPG sources.

Can anyone explain the difference between XMLTV and XEPGDB providers?
 
Hi!

Sorry if the question been asked before but I can't find the answer.

Why is there 2 images for Duo, ViX-2.3.GM-vuduo_usb AND ViX-2.3.133-vuduo_usb and which image should I use?
 
ViX-2.3.GM-vuduo_usb was the first release of the ViX 2.3 series for this receiver.
ViX-2.3.133-vuduo_usb is the same image with all subsequent updates already installed upto the date in the release notes.

you can use either but best use ViX-2.3.133-vuduo_usb to take advantage of those updates.
 
Hi All

First a very merry Christmas for everyone on the ViX Team and all the best for 2012 !!!

Just a small question : when I install the new bootloader can I then still use older and other images ???

Thank's in advance, Tom
 
I am running an old version of VIX (think it's 1.3, but not sure) and before I left for a loooong holliday in Thailand, I configured for remote streaming via https, and checked that everything worked fine. Then I had to unplug the tuner and I forgot to shut down and save the configuration, so no it's gone! I can access one of my servers remotely and get access to the network, so I can use webremote, but when I try to use BoxControl and WebRemote, there is no way I can access the plugins and reconfigure so I can enable https on the correct port.

I can access the box via a putty, and I am sure there must be a configuration file I can edit manually, but I have absolutely no ide what to look for.. Can someone please give me an advice?

Cheers and happy new year to you all

ulfh
 
Added support for HDMI-CEC - This image now allows you to control your box using your tv remote. Remember, this is still experimental at the moment, and can work differently between different brands of TV makes/models

I find this kind of strange - when using a TV with a box like a VU duo/et9000 etc most of the functionality is used on the sat box e.g. the only thing the TV does is show the picture and then perhaps the volume is a good option on the TV.

Why would anyone want to do this? Shouldn't all the effort be used to allow the sat box remote turn on and off the TV and control the volume? e.g. Get the major brands working... HDAVI etc etc?

Example: I have an ET9000 with vix 2.3 and using the TV remote I can turn on and off the sat reciever and the TV with one press of the power button - however this is completely redundant as everything else I do is with the et9000 remote. So the only time the TV remote is used is when turning on and off the equipment. Tried it the other way around and the et9000 remote will turn off both items, but wont turn on the TV and wont adjust the TV volume. This for many is a basic requirment of hdmi cec

Just a thought and great work
thanks
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Tried it the other way around and the et9000 remote will turn off both items, but wont turn on the TV and wont adjust the TV volume. This for many is a basic requirment of hdmi cec
My ET9000 will turn my Samsung TV off and on but sadly wont adjust the volume. (And I am using Vix 2.3.161)
 
should i be running vix 2.3.133 or 2.3.153 ??


thanks


If you have a flashing icon than do an online update and it will bring it to the latest version.

personally I always do an update but other members prefer not to.
 
Is it common that volume control on the remote control does not work with AC3 or dolby? I have experienced this with earlier releases too. It works good with standard stereo broadcasts. :confused:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top