Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Picons installation issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter joseph1972
  • Start date Start date
J

joseph1972

Guest
Guys tried loading icons into the box again I followed the how to guide on here and there's a few options I don't have
My up picon list has no sizes to it they just say...
Tv-east-004.9 then r2?
Also in the guide you can download to usb mine wants to download to internal flash only
I really would like to sort this
 
1. You can only install picons from the plugin feeds to stoarge devices in a linux file system. I'm guessing your USB stick is in fat32. This is why you dont get the option to save to it. If you do not use it to transfer files between windows PC and receiver, you can format/initialise it to the linux file system.

2. Previously, Ocram's picons were on the plugin download feeds by default. They no longer are. The video guide needs updating.
You have to install the ocram feed, it is called picons.xyz. You will find it in the "feeds" section. I cant remember if you need to restart after installing the feeds. You will then be able to install the picons by Ocram.

Please note: You will get notification of updates as and when the picons are updated. Unfortunately, the update notification does not tell you what the update is.
 
Last edited:
Rebooting is not required, exiting and re entering the plugins/app menu forces a reload of all the available packages from the feeds.
 
Oh many thanks
I will give it a go via the ocram feed


I take it once I've installed the feed I go back to picons and find ocram?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
1. You can only install picons from the plugin feeds to stoarge devices in a linux file system. I'm guessing your USB stick is in fat32. This is why you dont get the option to save to it. If you do not use it to transfer files between windows PC and receiver, you can format/initialise it to the linux file system.

2. Previously, Ocram's picons were on the plugin download feeds by default. They no longer are. The video guide needs updating.
You have to install the ocram feed, it is called picons.xyz. You will find it in the "feeds" section. I cant remember if you need to restart after installing the feeds. You will then be able to install the picons by Ocram.

Please note: You will get notification of updates as and when the picons are updated. Unfortunately, the update notification does not tell you what the update is.
On my usb i have the epg folder if i initialise the usb to linux system will they still be of use if i add them to it after???

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
yes.

just to reiterate, initialising =format. Save anything you need first please.
 
Well ive done all that and i still can not get picons working..its no big deal tbh i just did not want the box to beat me again

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
I am on the latest build for my box arnt i?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Don't you have to change a setting in the Channel selection settings/show icons on device list and the epg Graphical settings/service title mode for the picons to show up
 
Don't you have to change a setting in the Channel selection settings/show icons on device list and the epg Graphical settings/service title mode for the picons to show up
It depends where/what screen he is referring to.

On the info bar, they will show up without altering anything. On graphical EPG and channel list he has to change the settings.

@Joseph, can you issue the following command using DCC/Putty please? Post back results.
Code:
find / -name picon

Do the picons show on the info bar?
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top