Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Picture Quality

  • Thread starter Thread starter pellonet
  • Start date Start date
P

pellonet

Guest
I am fairly new here so bear with me if any protocols are breached ;)
I have been the happy owner of my Duo2 for just over a week now (purchased from sponsor), it a arrived as requested with the OEM image & after looking around at the options, I decided on the Apollo 153 (the latest one available at the time).
It was OK & soon 155 was available so I USB re-flashed that, I noticed that the TV picture was deteriorated, I was going to roll-back when I saw 157 was up so I tried that & what a difference, pin-sharp picture, very fast & exemplary transcoding to my mate in Thailand.
All too soon I saw 160 on the list so decided to give that a try & to my disappointment, the TV picture was again deteriorated, fortunately I had created a full backup & returned to 157 with everything going back to excellent again, I added the ViXBMC-1080 skin with the recommended OCRAM picons & the whole setup is really impressive.
So, the question is; would there be any obvious reason why the different revisions may have different TV image quality results?
 
there was a post on here some couple of days ago about blur picture. there maybe something on thier.
 
Are you referring to a blurred type quality issue?

If so this was, apparently, fixed by VU+ in their latest drivers but i'm beginning to wonder if it has fixed issue at all !
 
thats the one. never looked at the whole thread through. no one else looks like they are having this issue, otherwise they would have posted. maybe try a fresh flash and make sure you backupo
 
Are you referring to a blurred type quality issue?

If so this was, apparently, fixed by VU+ in their latest drivers but i'm beginning to wonder if it has fixed issue at all !


System OE: OE-Alliance 2.3
Distro: openvix
Firmware version: Apollo.157
Driver date: 20150317
Kernel version: 3.13.5
Gui version: 2015-03-22

No, it is the broadcast picture I meant, I use BBC1 HD as a comparison & the deteriorated ones are slightly noisy blurry & over saturated & it is to a degree that I would not have noticed unless I had experienced the superior performance of 157.
 
There is nothing in the image that can affect picture quality, this is handled by the hardware drivers as provided by the manufacturer.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top