Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Pixelated Recording of HD channels on a USB Stick

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cougar
  • Start date Start date
C

Cougar

Guest
Hi Guys
Has anyone succesfully recorded a Sly Sp*rts HD broadcast on a USB stick without the picture 'break-up' upon playing back the recording. If so, what USB stick did you use?
I'm using a Kingston 8GB on a VU Solo with Vix 1.1 & find that recording Standard definition broadcasts is ok, but HD ones like on Sly cause picture breakups, recordings on BBC1 HD are better, but sill pixelate.
 
Had the same thing a while back, brought an expensive Sandisk Cruzer 32Gb especially for that, had same problem.

Emailed Sandisk with the following

Hi, after looking around various internet sites and seeing how this USB drive is recommended for video, I brought it thinking it would be able to handle HD video.

However when I play HD video on it, it constantly pauses and stutters. SD video is fine. I can only put this down to the transfer speed of this device?
here was their response

Thanks for emailing SanDisk Technical Support. It is our goal to make sure you have all the resources you need to get the most from your product.

Regarding your query, we would like to inform you that we do not have a guaranteed transfer speed for this flash drive. As such there is a possibility that you will not be able to play all kinds of HD videos directly from the flash drive
 
I have the same problem with my Kingston data traveller can any one recommend a good USB for using for timeslip?
 
I have a patriot xporter XT 16gb. at the time a brought the disk it had the fastest read and write speeds of a usb key.
Code:
http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=patriot+XT&hl=en&cid=12352544316724034126&ei=-8VKTaHDCI7qxAWk5OyUAQ&sa=title&ved=0CA4Q8wIwATgA#p
I would test it for you but I have no idea how to set-up time shift,

How difficult is it ?

There are quicker usb keys out now, what with USB3 coming out.. but the Vu boxes dont have usb3 port/bus anyway
 
I have a patriot xporter XT 16gb. at the time a brought the disk it had the fastest read and write speeds of a usb key.
Code:
http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=patriot+XT&hl=en&cid=12352544316724034126&ei=-8VKTaHDCI7qxAWk5OyUAQ&sa=title&ved=0CA4Q8wIwATgA#p
I would test it for you but I have no idea how to set-up time shift,

How difficult is it ?

There are quicker usb keys out now, what with USB3 coming out.. but the Vu boxes dont have usb3 port/bus anyway

Menu > Setup > System > Recording Paths. Set timeshift paths to your usb stick.

If you using VIX 1.3 make sure its formatted Linux in device manager and give it mount point say /media/usb/
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top