Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Playing MKV files on Xtrend ET8500

Delboy181251

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2016
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Location
North Wales
I am running my Xtrend on Openvix Build 4.2.004 (last updated 10-9-2016) and have had little or no problems with it so have left well alone.
I have a 1Tb hard drive formatted to exFAT with a lot of mkv movie files (some as much as 15Gb) which, if possible, I would like to play through my ET8500. When I plug it into my Xtrend it says no suitable files are present and I cannot locate the drive via my LIST function. I went into the plug-ins section and downloaded the exFAT plugin but it has made no difference. Perhaps the downloaded plug-in still needs to be installed some way, but I do not know how to do that.
Can anyone please advise on this matter?
Thank you.
 
Hi,
are you sure it is not mounted automatically? USB devices should be found at /media/usb and the the name of the drive.

ciao
 
Hi ciao,
Went into mount manager and hit the blue button to mount the drive. I was then able to navigate to the MKV files and they seem to play really well.
Regards,:)
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top