Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Please help me stop subtitles from appearing, I'm going crazy!

steveharman

New member
Joined
Mar 8, 2014
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
57
Hi,

Somehow our box has recently defaulted to showing subtitles all the time on regular free-to-air channels such as BBC One, BBC Two and the rest.

I've tried hunting around in settings but nothing I change seems to make any difference, so every time we change channel I have to go into Audio > Audio > [deselect subtitle language'

On a similar note, is there a "I never want to see subtitles when playing downloaded content ever again" setting?

It's a similar story to the above - every time we playback say an AVI or MP4 the English subtitles [on English language movies] always appear until I to go into Audio > Audio > [deselect subtitle language]

Many thanks,
 
Thanks. I'll have a read through that again, but that post from 2018 about subs on downloaded content was started by me and I don't think we ever found a resolution. Sure, Audio > Audio > Deselect language works - but I was looking for a "set it and forget it" setting to avoid doing that every time. :-)

the subtitles appearing on live free-to-air channels is something different which has just started happening in the past few days.

Cheers
 
This is what I've got (defaults) for no subtitles.....
 

Attachments

  • sub.webp
    sub.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 16
The subtitle button was mentioned in the other thread, but the OP said he couldn't find one, and then it all went quiet.

On the WoS website, the universal gigablue remote has one, the Ultra doesn't appear to have one.
 
Last edited:
Thanks. I'll have a read through that again, but that post from 2018 about subs on downloaded content was started by me and I don't think we ever found a resolution. Sure, Audio > Audio > Deselect language works - but I was looking for a "set it and forget it" setting to avoid doing that every time. :-)

the subtitles appearing on live free-to-air channels is something different which has just started happening in the past few days.

Cheers

Post your settings please. Otherwise we are just guessing.
 

Attachments

  • Gigablue_4K_RCU_3D-1-960x716-500x500.webp
    Gigablue_4K_RCU_3D-1-960x716-500x500.webp
    14.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top