Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Poll. Move quick zap to a more promonent button

  • Thread starter Thread starter m1nder
  • Start date Start date

Should the quick zap feature be moved from Record to Green button?

  • Yes

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No

    Votes: 11 78.6%

  • Total voters
    14
If we had any option for this, then my choice would be to have the ok button set so that if you choose an event in the future, it asks if you want to set a recording or a zap for that event (or cancel). If you select an event that is currently running, it asks you if you want to zap over to that channel. All of these are all be changed in the settings menu.

However, this is an ideal world, and as phoenix says, there are limitations. People are not paid the money that sky pay, and we don't have the number of developers that sky have... So, things like this will take a long time to get integrated, if at all...

However, I don't use the guide in such a way, so to me I am not fussed by it at all. But I think the OK button would be the best way to get it to happen...
 
Thanks for all the replies and discussion here. I am amazed that the feature is not used more. I sit down after tea, fire up the epg and then go through it programming zaps in an effort to schedule a nights viewing. Its a fabulous feature. If you dont use it, you should try it, see what you think.
 
Minder, Sent you a PM if you can reply back to to ASAP.

Ta
 
Thanks for all the replies and discussion here. I am amazed that the feature is not used more. I sit down after tea, fire up the epg and then go through it programming zaps in an effort to schedule a nights viewing. Its a fabulous feature. If you dont use it, you should try it, see what you think.

I already know what I want to watch, so just do a manual zap... No need to sit through looking at what's on
 
Point is, I seldom (if ever) watch live TV. I don't want to be dependant on a TV-scheme, I decide myself what I want to see and when I want to see it.
So once a week I go through the EPG of the channels I find interesting and plan recordings for all that might be interesting. In the end I have so much recordings, that I always have something interesting. And of course: much is being thrown away without having seen it. And as an important side effect I never see any commercial!
 
If we had any option for this, then my choice would be to have the ok button set so that if you choose an event in the future, it asks if you want to set a recording or a zap for that event (or cancel). If you select an event that is currently running, it asks you if you want to zap over to that channel. All of these are all be changed in the settings menu.

However, this is an ideal world, and as phoenix says, there are limitations. People are not paid the money that sky pay, and we don't have the number of developers that sky have... So, things like this will take a long time to get integrated, if at all...

However, I don't use the guide in such a way, so to me I am not fussed by it at all. But I think the OK button would be the best way to get it to happen...


Exactly how I'd love it to work...
one day maybe...
 
Point is, I seldom (if ever) watch live TV. I don't want to be dependant on a TV-scheme, I decide myself what I want to see and when I want to see it.
So once a week I go through the EPG of the channels I find interesting and plan recordings for all that might be interesting. In the end I have so much recordings, that I always have something interesting. And of course: much is being thrown away without having seen it. And as an important side effect I never see any commercial!

Exactly. Even if I want to see something in real time I often let it start recording and catch up by the end having skipped the commercials.
 
Exactly. Even if I want to see something in real time I often let it start recording and catch up by the end having skipped the commercials.

No doubt VIX is far superior at watching pre-recorded or even currently recording programs.
I set my 3, 6, 9 buttons for 1, 2 & 4 minutes of fast forward. 9 is usually perfect for skipping ads then...
However, this thread is on the ease of zapping, using OK to either set a zap or record on a future show when viewing VIX EPG sounds perfect to me.
Long green press would also do, but would prefer the OK button...
 
However, this thread is on the ease of zapping, using OK to either set a zap or record on a future show when viewing VIX EPG sounds perfect to me.
Long green press would also do, but would prefer the OK button...

Yes but the point is that zapping is rarely if ever used when you record everything you want to watch so it is a rather moot request. However although I voted "no", in reality I don't care as, like Rob, I would never use it. The poll may be poluted with votes like mine....
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top