Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Positioner offset

  • Thread starter Thread starter trektrek
  • Start date Start date
T

trektrek

Guest
Hi, I'm trying to calibrate my dish positioner which by default at the moment, is around 87% SNR on 28.2E Astra. When I calibrate, which is working just great and I am getting 100% SNR (16.99dB) with a 1.8 degree east offset (this is what my Vusolo2 has calibrated). How can I make the box remember that offset for each of the satellites? I thought I just needed to calculate, but whenever I goto 28.2 its back to 87%, or am I missing something? I dont really want to have to go and twist my dish by 1.8 degrees manually unless I have to?

Any help greatly appreciated, even if its just to spank me and tell me to look at a particular post, but I haven't seen anything that explains what's happening during calibrate gotox.

Thanks
Nick
 
Hi, I'm trying to calibrate my dish positioner which by default at the moment, is around 87% SNR on 28.2E Astra. When I calibrate, which is working just great and I am getting 100% SNR (16.99dB) with a 1.8 degree east offset (this is what my Vusolo2 has calibrated). How can I make the box remember that offset for each of the satellites? I thought I just needed to calculate, but whenever I goto 28.2 its back to 87%, or am I missing something? I dont really want to have to go and twist my dish by 1.8 degrees manually unless I have to?

Any help greatly appreciated, even if its just to spank me and tell me to look at a particular post, but I haven't seen anything that explains what's happening during calibrate gotox.

Thanks
Nick

The calculate function is used for motors using their own internal satellite positions - when you work out the optimum position for one satellite the calculate function can write the correction back to the motor internally stored positions.

However, I assume that you are using USALS, where the box determines the motor offset from your current position. Do you have your latitude and longitude coordinates stored in the tuner/motor setup? If so, then you can do a sort of "kludge" where you change your stored longitude in the box by 1.8 degrees. In your case I think the correct change would be to add 1.8 degrees west to your position. e.g. if you were in Wales at 5 west, then you would change your location to 6.8 west. Alternatively, change from 5 west to 3.2 west (I can't recall exactly which way the calibration function reports the adjustment, but one will work!). An error of 1.8 degrees is quite large, though. What size is your dish?
 
It's quite simple (when using USALS): if you have to move the motor to the west to get the optimum results, you should adjust your own position to the east (and vice versa). Do it in small steps (0.1 degree), and check the results in the positioner setup after every change.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top