Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] POSSIBLE BUG - HDD Unavailable after upgrade to ViX 5.0.0009

  • Thread starter Thread starter existence
  • Start date Start date
E

existence

Guest
Greetings,

I've been running a copy of ViX from around June 2016, very stable for months, and now decided to upgrade to the latest to see what's new.

The upgrade went well apart from the internal HDD is no longer detected. I would rather not try the format option just yet as the disk holds quite a few recordings.

There is no option for setup > system > hard drives (hard drives option isn't there).

ViX Mount Manager is empty

I've tried a reboot. No luck. So I telnet to the device...

df -h doesn't show the device and I can't see any sd* devices in /dev/.

I think the device is no longer being detected in this release of kernel. I did a rescan and then checked the end of /var/log/messages/

root@vusolo2:/dev# echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host1/scan

root@vusolo2:/var/volatile/log# tail messages
Apr 1 16:59:57 vusolo2 user.warn kernel: ata2: link is slow to respond, please be patient (ready=0)
Apr 1 17:00:26 vusolo2 user.err kernel: ata2: COMRESET failed (errno=-16)
Apr 1 17:00:26 vusolo2 user.warn kernel: ata2: limiting SATA link speed to 1.5 Gbps
Apr 1 17:00:26 vusolo2 user.info kernel: ata2: hard resetting link
Apr 1 17:00:26 vusolo2 user.info kernel: ata2: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 310)
Apr 1 17:00:26 vusolo2 user.info kernel: ata2: EH complete
Apr 1 17:00:27 vusolo2 user.err kernel: ata2: exception Emask 0x10 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x4000000 action 0xe frozen
Apr 1 17:00:27 vusolo2 user.err kernel: ata2: irq_stat 0x00000040, connection status changed
Apr 1 17:00:27 vusolo2 user.err kernel: ata2: SError: { DevExch }
Apr 1 17:00:27 vusolo2 user.info kernel: ata2: hard resetting link


Any ideas how to fix this?

Ta
 
When I've seen this in the past a mains power off/on has restored hdd detection and normal operation thereafter.
 
That fixed it - thank you.

Maybe add something in to the upgrade notes to power off and on the device after flash completes or something to do the reset.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top