Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue QUAD+ PLUS] Power Toggle alternative

divil_a_bit

New member
Joined
Jan 28, 2014
Messages
176
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I've just purchased a Harmony Universal Remote which I'm very pleased with.

However, I have one question about Gigablue/E2 and Power Toggle.

I have set up the remote such that when I hit "Watch TV" on the remote, the TV powers on and the E2 receiver does a Power Toggle. This works fine most of the time but it doesn't work if one of my toddlers has physically pushed the Power Toggle button on the E2 receiver since the TV/E2 was powered off.

So this is the normal operation:

1. TV off / E2 off
2. I hit Watch TV on my Harmony remote it sends a power on signal to the TV and a power toggle signal to the E2 receiver. Now I can watch TV

But if one of my toddlers has hit the Power Toggle button on the E2 receiver, this is what happens
1(a). TV off / E2 on
2(a). I hit Watch TV on my Harmony remote it sends a power on signal to the TV and a power toggle signal to the E2 receiver. Now the TV is on and the E2 is off :(

The TV has distinct Power on and Power off signals. Are there distinct power signals that can be used for the Gigablue Quad+ or is it just power toggle?

Thanks
 
Nope, unfortunately only a power toggle.
I add power toggle to the last page of the soft buttons, so I have the function under easy reach.
 
if you press help on the harmony it asks questions and can sort itself out usually...
 
Thanks Rob and pembo - I figured that was going to be the answer :(

It's not the end of the world. At least my Samsung TV has distinct power ON and OFF so at least if "Watch TV" turns on the tv and switches to HDMI-1 and turns off the Gigable, all I have to do press "Watch TV" again and it will power on the TV and switch to HDMI-1 (which will do nothing) and then power ON the Gigablue
 
if you press help on the harmony it asks questions and can sort itself out usually...
The Harmony help-button only resends the discrete commands. So this doesn't automatically fix synchronisation issues when only a toggle command is available.
 
Rob, mine asks me questions, e.g. whether my TV is on, whether my box is on, whether my amp is on, and will reissue the right power sequence based on the answers.
 
Correct, after resending the discrete commands. But asking and answering questions is not automatically fixing an issue, but just a help.
 
lol, no agreed, but it makes it wife proof :D
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top