L
leecovuk
Guest
Hello,
My comment here should be and needs to be confirmed by others.
In the latest and updated ViX image (and possibly previous ViX images), I think there is an issue regarding the priority of data in the EPG.
If EPG data has been obtained 'in advance' by importing it in CrossEPG or RyVix, it seems that data is not updated by 'live' data.
The point being, some existing data is quite likely to be (and often is) incorrect and needs to be over-written by any available live data derived in real time from the satellite.
I have no idea if the EPG settings in 'Customise' relate to this issue. Their purpose in relation to EPG plugins has always been and remains unclear to me. This is because there seems to be a lack of documentation and knowledge on the Enigma2 EPG, with any supplier's images.
If I use the PLi Beta images rather than ViX images, my perception is the priority and updating of the EPG data is correct.
Thank you,
Lee
UK
My comment here should be and needs to be confirmed by others.
In the latest and updated ViX image (and possibly previous ViX images), I think there is an issue regarding the priority of data in the EPG.
If EPG data has been obtained 'in advance' by importing it in CrossEPG or RyVix, it seems that data is not updated by 'live' data.
The point being, some existing data is quite likely to be (and often is) incorrect and needs to be over-written by any available live data derived in real time from the satellite.
I have no idea if the EPG settings in 'Customise' relate to this issue. Their purpose in relation to EPG plugins has always been and remains unclear to me. This is because there seems to be a lack of documentation and knowledge on the Enigma2 EPG, with any supplier's images.
If I use the PLi Beta images rather than ViX images, my perception is the priority and updating of the EPG data is correct.
Thank you,
Lee
UK