It worked for me if I manually install, I have it running here on 2.3! (all be it on an ET9200 so not sure how that effects you guys on VU+)
I did something along the lines of....
Make sure there is no trace of PV left over from a previous version.
Move the files from /var/lib/opkg temporarily to another directory.
Download the mipsel_oe16.ipk file from the project valerie google code page.
Copy the file to your box via ftp.
Telnet to the box
Install with "opkg install <path to file>/project-valerie_<rev>_mipsel_oe16.ipk"
Move the files back from the temporary directory and into /var/lib/opkg
Restart box, and start project valerie.
Make sure not to use the auto update until the VIX feed is updated.
"(Important: do not install the package using "ipkg" since this might break your installation! Always install the package using "opkg" as shown above!)
Finally reboot Enigma2 - the Project Valerie assistant will guide you through the first steps. Project Valerie is now ready for use! "
.....Disclaimer: This worked for me, but I in NO WAY take responsibility for anything that happens if you try it, messing around like this can break things!!!!