Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Zero] PureVPN

  • Thread starter Thread starter ibruce
  • Start date Start date
I

ibruce

Guest
Hello guys,

I did search the forum and couldn't find what I am looking for. I am trying to install my PureVPN account via openVPN but I don't know what I am doing wrong.

I do have both the ***.ovpn and ***.key and ***.crt files

1) where do I need to put my ID and Password?
2) more simplistically, how do I install the VPN on my VU+ Zero??

:D
 
there loads of info in regards to this on this forum. use the search box
 
Consider why you need to use VPN on the box, usually it's privacy and bypassing blocking. For EU nations they're largely irrelevant as a) In Europe it's not illegal to stream content as it's not classed as downloading and storing and b) A decent DNS service will (usually) bypass geo-restrictions/blocking, some of the US accounts I use/subscribe to require VPN to use them as the provider blocks the smart DNS providers regularly. If you happen to be in China etc then a VPN is all but essential to access the world, however such examples are thankfully in the minority.
 
Bizarrely I have just done this and it all appears to be working fine,

created openvpn directory in /etc, then ftp'd ca.crt, Wdc.key and client.conf files to it

the client.conf is a renamed config file, in my case "Maidenhead-udp.ovpn"

that seems to do the job


edit: and start obviously via Menu | Setup | System | Network | OpenVPN setup
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top