- What type of support thread are you creating?
- Possible bug
- What OpenViX Image build number are you using?
- 6.8.002
- Have you tried re-flashing WITHOUT settings restore?
- NO
- Have you tried re-flashing WITH a settings restore?
- NO
Hi all,
This is a follow-on question from a thread in a more general forum as I feel this is a bit off-topic for that thread. Hope that is okay?
I'v recently discovered streaming and also remote tuners as I have 2 boxes. I have settled on Remotestreamconvert as this seems a good, sime and stable solution. All setup fine. I have a "tuner master" box (ZgemmaH7) with 2x s2x and 1xT2 built-in + 1xT2 USB (XBOX). The streaming bouquets have all been setup and work very well, no breakup or glitches - very happy
The way I am doing it is to import the streaming bouquets to the slave box (which has no tuners active), getting the EPG populated and then and setting up the recording on the "slave storage" box EPG (pointing to the streams) and saving the recordings to the slave box's HDD. All working very nicely - for a single recording or up to 4x recordings (one for each tuner).
I am used to being able to record (when I only had one box) multiple channels on a single Sat or T2 tuner as long as they are on the same transponder/multiplex. In fact I could (on T2) record BBC1HD 2HD,ITV HD, C4 HD and C5 HD all with just the one tuner. Witha bit of careful thought I could get literally a dozen recordings going at one time and the Zgemma H7 coed with it admirably. With the slave box and Remotestreamconvert it looks like the first recording to a tuner takes over the whole tuner and does not allow additional recordings on the same transponder/mux.
I wanted to know if this should be the caase or is it a bug? I can't see any reason why it would not work but my knowlege of remote recording of a stream is very limited to scrabbling around on the google search and trial and error. I'm hoping thee will be some tweak that the coding gurus can make to bring back the functionality?
Many thanks,
Paul
This is a follow-on question from a thread in a more general forum as I feel this is a bit off-topic for that thread. Hope that is okay?
I'v recently discovered streaming and also remote tuners as I have 2 boxes. I have settled on Remotestreamconvert as this seems a good, sime and stable solution. All setup fine. I have a "tuner master" box (ZgemmaH7) with 2x s2x and 1xT2 built-in + 1xT2 USB (XBOX). The streaming bouquets have all been setup and work very well, no breakup or glitches - very happy
The way I am doing it is to import the streaming bouquets to the slave box (which has no tuners active), getting the EPG populated and then and setting up the recording on the "slave storage" box EPG (pointing to the streams) and saving the recordings to the slave box's HDD. All working very nicely - for a single recording or up to 4x recordings (one for each tuner).
I am used to being able to record (when I only had one box) multiple channels on a single Sat or T2 tuner as long as they are on the same transponder/multiplex. In fact I could (on T2) record BBC1HD 2HD,ITV HD, C4 HD and C5 HD all with just the one tuner. Witha bit of careful thought I could get literally a dozen recordings going at one time and the Zgemma H7 coed with it admirably. With the slave box and Remotestreamconvert it looks like the first recording to a tuner takes over the whole tuner and does not allow additional recordings on the same transponder/mux.
I wanted to know if this should be the caase or is it a bug? I can't see any reason why it would not work but my knowlege of remote recording of a stream is very limited to scrabbling around on the google search and trial and error. I'm hoping thee will be some tweak that the coding gurus can make to bring back the functionality?
Many thanks,
Paul
